Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Up until 2015, Kawasaki made an accessory backrest (pn k53020-396) for the driver for Voyagers. After that, it is no longer listed. I understand that the stock seat was upgraded somewhat in 2016. My question is does anyone know if the backrest will work on 2016 up and what mods are required to make it work? I can fabricate brackets etc, just don't want to purchase it it's completely unusable. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Suggest go to the Kawasaki Voyager parts schematic and find the seat. See if it is a different part number from an older year to a newer year.

·
Registered
214 Posts
grasshopperlimited.com
Had one one mine. Liked it, and price was outstanding compared to kawi.

IIRC kawi dont make those backrest (since 2015 ????) anymore, so . . .

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
657 Posts
Walt's pointed you in the best direction for an aftermarket backrest for an OEM seat. Grasshopper's get great reviews. I've tried Mustang with riders backrest - no good, and now use a Russell Daylong seat with a heavily modified Russell backrest with the Mustang pad mounted on it. My back is shot, and this setup suits it best.

There have been no changes to anything much through all the Voyager years. Those OEM rider's backrests they offered for a time were widely criticized by everyone who ever bought one, if I recall correctly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts