Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Driver backrest

I am not sure if this is what you're looking for. I have a saddleman solo seat and decided to use my cobra backrest as a driver backrest. I reversed the brackets and bolted on my backrest, it is slightly canted forward, but it makes contact with my back it feels quite comfortable, I'll test it out on a 8+ hour ride next week.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Well I have a bought one which could be attempted by a handyman. All it is is a flat steel bar that bolts on to where you would put bags or sissy seat or rack. Drill holes in the correct spots on the steel for the bolts. On the forward end of this bar is welded a tubular piece of steel at a slight angle which holds the seat uprights and backrest. So far so easy, but then you need to make the uprights out of stainless steel or brushed aluminium tubing that will fit in the welded tube of the attaching bar. To make that nice & neat and add the padded rest would be beyond me but I guess it is certainly do-able.

·
Registered
35 Posts
back rest

The Pro-Tac driver's backrest is pretty darned good. I have one for my 900LT and my old VN750 as well.
Yea, went to the website. I had a Yamaha with a back rest and I loved it. If you say this is good and are happy, I might give it a shot. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Looks great! Been looking to do my own as well, now I have a stepping stone! Thanks!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys! I just couldn't see spending$150 for one when I could build it for $30. I used 1/2" square tube that I bought at Tractor supply for $18 and ordered the pad off EBay for $10.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts