Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
547 Posts
You get what you pay for. Upgrade seat and get Mustang, Ultimate or Corbin..
I bought a used Ghopper and sold it right away... No real support and no adjustability.

·
Registered
644 Posts
I've had my Grasshopper for quite a while and it does just fine. Many miles using it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
For less than $100 and requiring only about 10 minutes to mount it can't be beat IMHO. I've put about 16,000 miles with it on my Nomad and haven't experienced any problems at all.
Positives: Inexpensive, easy to install mount, sits higher on my back than others (more comfortable for me), decently made, still provides plenty of room for passengers, easy to remove/replace.
Negatives: Not adjustable, the mount could be bent if leaned against too hard (haven't had this problem but understand others have, but I think could be easily bent back into position).

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have one and as CARGUY said, for the money and the install time - you cant beat that.

BUT as most things, it all depends on your height, weight, length of your legs, etc. if that backrest will fit your needs or not.

I LIKE MINE. I only use it when riding alone, if wifey is aboard - she is my backrest. LOL.

Cu,
Sven

·
Registered
38 Posts
Does anyone have a opinion on the Grasshopper Ltd. backrest for the Voyager?
I've had a Grasshopper on two bikes, it's bare bones but works fine for me. If you want to adjust the angle just bend where you want it. No problem.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've just seen this thread....I've had my grasshopper driver back rest for at least 5 years, I've put 98,000+ miles on my '09 Voyager and have been very happy with the grasshopper and the OEM saddle. I'm not big on the expensive aftermarket seating. But that is a preference thing I guess.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It's good for the price. Certainly better than nothing. I'm a kinda big (225 lbs) and it would flex if I leaned my weight against it. My main complaint though is that it can be kinda tricky/awkward to put back on if you have a seated passenger.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have one mounted to my Nomad, and I swear by it. It is, by far, one of the best things I have installed on Princess Celestia. It made an already comfortable bike into a bike I feel I could do Iron Butt rides on.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Also have one on my Nomad- love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
I had to have a backrest! Riding with the normal seated position quickly caused lower back pain, on my Nomad. I didn't know if a backrest would help, but for a hundred bucks, I thought a grasshopper was worth a try. Easy install and I've never experienced any pain again. I can ride for hours on end with no issues at all. True, there is no built in adjustment, but I don't need any. It fits me well. I've had it installed for three years now and I have no issues with it. No bending. Looks good as new! It is made well and I would highly recommend it. I understand though, that the fit could very on some people. :surprise:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts