Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to take advantage of the 1.95% financing that Kawasaki is promoting for the month of August. I have a question for the vaquero owners or anybody thinking of buying a new vaquero. How much do I expect to pay for the Vaquero? It is the MSRP the button price?
I hope I can purchase it this month. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
701 Posts
That depends on where you live.

·
Registered
49 Posts
William, I just bought a black VAQUERO last week for 13,000 and my credit union financed at 5.5% so 1.9 would be awesome if you can also work the price!

You will not be dissapointed with this baby! I absolutely love it and I find myself walking to the garage just to admire and a HUGE dumb grin comes to my face when I look at it. I had a 2010 900 Custom SE but never ever had any looks on it and now ..well you will see LOL. This is a bad pic with low light but wanted to share anyway

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
William, I just bought a black VAQUERO last week for 13,000 and my credit union financed at 5.5% so 1.9 would be awesome if you can also work the price!

You will not be dissapointed with this baby! I absolutely love it and I find myself walking to the garage just to admire and a HUGE dumb grin comes to my face when I look at it. I had a 2010 900 Custom SE but never ever had any looks on it and now ..well you will see LOL. This is a bad pic with low light but wanted to share anyway
I also have a 900 custom SE. Mine is 2009. My son is using it to do his senior project. 13,000 is great pice for the vaquero. Is that price the out of the door price or you have to add all the additional chargers (transportaion fee, documentation fee, tax, etc..).
the link for your photobucket is not working for me. try to send it again.
thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts
That was the price of the bike alone. I still had to add TT&L which added 1200-1500?? I dont remember exactly how much it was.

You shouldn't have to click on the link..the pic should just show up. Is it not working?

Greg

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Greg,
That is still a good price for the vaquero. The link is working. I don't think anybody has bit your price.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Last time I was in my local dealer he was offering $1500 off MSRP but that was probably a July promotion directly from Kawasaki.

If you can't negotiate too much off the MSRP, try and negotiate 30 % off any parts and accessories you buy over the next year. A dealer should always give you 20% off parts and accessories. I believe they make 40% if you pay retail.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Last time I was in my local dealer he was offering $1500 off MSRP but that was probably a July promotion directly from Kawasaki.

If you can't negotiate too much off the MSRP, try and negotiate 30 % off any parts and accessories you buy over the next year. A dealer should always give you 20% off parts and accessories. I believe they make 40% if you pay retail.
That is a good point. Thanks

·
Registered
49 Posts

The promotion did end on the 31st of July and that was the day I walked into the dealership to buy a lowering kit for the 900. I ended up riding out on the vaquero instead. I bought it at Alamo cycles in san antonio, tx and think it was a dealership promotion because a couple had driven 400 miles to buy a bike that was also on sale. Glad it worked out for me and hope you find your deal as well. In either case you can't lose at msrp with this bike. Its just bad ass, sounds bad for me to say it about my bike but I really do love that thing. Lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the inputs. I will run my numbers and them I will know how much I need to finance. I am sure on one thing; I am going to be the owner of a Red Vaquero before this month ends.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks for all the inputs. I will run my numbers and them I will know how much I need to finance. I am sure on one thing; I am going to be the owner of a Red Vaquero before this month ends.
HELL YEAH!!!!! :D Good luck with the price and keep us posted when you get it.

Greg

·
Registered
78 Posts
After rtirement I sold cars. Speaking for Indiana, where I live and worked, donot pay Doc Fees. There is no legal basis for Doc Fees, it is just a gimic for the dealer to steal your money. If you arenot sure call your BMV, for the true, legal fees associated with a vehicle purchase. If they won't waive doc fees, find a dealer that will.

·
Registered
207 Posts
If you're in the NJ area you can get one OTD for $12,950 at Cycle World of Cherry Hill. It does include a BS doc fee but heck it's still cheap overall. And the 1.95% applies until 8/31. I'm getting a black one next week. I don't have anything to do with them, just trying to help someone get a better deal than they might get otherwise.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Oops, forgot to mention tax not included. I'm in CT and I have to pay tax in my state so depending on what state ur in, that amount will vary. I haven't ever heard of a dealer eating the tax before though, just including it in the financed amount. Is that something you have negotiated before? In my case that's about $800. Maybe this isnt the deal I thought it was...

·
Registered
12 Posts
just picked the very fast red one today $12,850+$100 doc fee out the door in frontenac ks pretty cheap ride good luck on the %1.95 dealer said did not qualify so went through credit union had a kawasaki card 2yrs ago qualified for low interest on klr think the dealerships are not even trying through kawasaki with this low financing and charging you more since you are getting a really good deal otd got 8.5% not good will make payments on time for the next 6months and see if they will lower rates not for sure what the deal is letting you know.... dealership is jay hatfield kawasaki good people worth trying the1.95 you might get your own financing lined up just in case

·
Registered
12 Posts
also rode it to souther illinois after picking it up today 373 mi on first day......this is my second post so hi all price not include sales tax looking at another 5.5% for where i live in missouri just working on the road in illinois took the day off for the bike

·
Registered
207 Posts
I'm picking mine up next wk and I got the 1.9% and $12,950. I think the credit does have to be there to get the lower rate.
How was the stock seat treating you after 373 miles? I'm kind od concerned about having to shell out out $600 or so right after shelling out $13k.

·
Registered
12 Posts
slowpoke387 I'm picking mine up next wk and I got the 1.9% and $12,950. I think the credit does have to be there to get the lower rate.
How was the stock seat treating you after 373 miles? I'm kind od concerned about having to shell out out $600 or so right after shelling out $13k.

it was not to bad until the 200 mile mark, i think i will probably by a different seat though for long journeys like that. the concours stock seat was a lot more comfortable but knees would get to hurting. the klr is paid off and they still would not loan me the money

1 - 20 of 39 Posts