Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading out on a 4800 mile ride at the end of July. What's the average life span of the drive belts. 2011 1700 nomad with 9000 miles. Thanks

·
Registered
894 Posts
34,000 on my 2011 . . . the belt is not even on my radar . . . looks good

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well good. That takes a load off my mind. Going solo on this ride, so wife shouldn't worry about the belt. Thanks

·
Registered
381 Posts
Excluding any major mis alignment or sharp foreign objects it should last you the life of the bike I would imagine.

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
Unless you like to the burn rear tire all the time, do wheelies all the time, Dump the clutch on take off all the time, basically abuse the crap out of your scoot, I wouldn't even look at a belt until 100k miles other than for aliment/tension check....... They are bulletproof. I have seen holes in them from rocks, splits, parts of it gone, and still keep on going....

I have also had one with less than 4000 miles do a clean break in two only going 25 mph....

·
Registered
47 Posts
I wonder is there is some kind of repair kit for kawasaki belts? I saw for Harley, but i am not sure that they will work on 1700. Anyone used it?

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
The repair for the drive belt is to replace it..... Not repair..........

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
So, if belt broke somewhere on highway far away from city the only hope for help is passing by trucks?
Thats why you have tow included with your insurance or AAA. I have both. Use it all the time. My vehicles, my kids vehicles....

AAA will tow any vehicle of yours, any vehicle you are driving whether it is yours or not. Basically any car you are in/on, just tell them you were driving it...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts