Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2009 900LT started making a rubbing noise this spring when going slow. Put the bike up on my newly made wood jack and removed the brake caliper to verify that it was the belt. This bike was just inspected last August at the dealer, I bought it in October. Bike has 1500Km on it, I have put 5 hours highway riding so far this spring with this rubbing still going on (intermittent, on and off as the wheel turns). The belt is running to one side of the pulley and doesn't seem too tight. A biker friend suggested rubbing soap on the sides of the belt, maybe I will try that this afternoon then go for a ride before the snow returns.
No snow left at all here in Northern Ontario, feels like May, not March.
Thanks, Wayne.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
It is normal for the belt to track to one side of the rear pulley ... it should not however, rub on the pulley.

·
Registered
29 Posts
on my 09 9 custom, i adjusted the belt myself, (just winged it) this spring, when i ist took it out, the belt was chirping like crazy, under acceleration onley. after a few minutes/miles, the bike/belt seemed to warm up, chirping went away completely, then it was GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts