Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ugh, the HD guys are making fun of my leaking Kaw. Guessing from searches this is the fuel vent line? Sadly this puddle was left on a 100F day with less than a half tank.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
that's your fuel tank vent line, that puddle is not of concerning size considering the temp. All those Harleys will do it too, but you probably wouldn't notice such a small puddle compared to the other ones they make :D

·
Living The Dream
1,512 Posts
NEVERMIND: He said cap vent, LOL.

Seriously? The only time I had gas coming from that vent tube was when I had a full tank of gas and had it tipped up a bit feeding wire from front to back. How would this be normal? If the vent tube was plugged, it would not vent, correct? I am confused. Please enlighten.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Ugh, the HD guys are making fun of my leaking Kaw. Guessing from searches this is the fuel vent line? Sadly this puddle was left on a 100F day with less than a half tank.
When I first got my 900 (2012, new) I noticed I was getting a couple of drops on the garage floor after a fill up. When I realized what it was and reflected on my refueling habits I realized that I was probably "over filling" the tank...I'd pump it in until the gas was up to the filler neck (Owner's Manual, "Fuel Tank" section)(I think that is what the metal plate is you see when you look into the tank). I've since stopped pumping when the gas is bout a half inch or so below the filler neck and the drops have ceased.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts