Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So it was my B.D. My young fella bought me this cool eagle. The one caveat is, it has to be mounted on the front fender, and, it requires drilling two holes. Will our fiberglass fender hold up to the drilling/mounting? Opinions please.

·
Registered
122 Posts
make sure you use a good drill it shoud go trew no prob as far a it holding it how big/ heavy is it ... if its not to bad be on the safe side and get some fender washers to distribute the force

·
Registered
256 Posts
I have an eagle badge mounted on my aftermarket chrome headlight visor. Might be an option for you if you don't want to drill the fender.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I used to work with the plastics alot and I would start with a small drill bit and slowly work my way up in size, you reduce the risk or splitting that way.

·
Registered
59 Posts
No Prob drilling

I mounted a Skull head on my fender and brother has an 06 LT that he mounted an eagle head on. Besides teh tip of "step drilling" also tape up your fender with painters tape. Gives you a place to mark your center and also your desried hole positions. Also will prevent cracking/chipping paint.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts