Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, the temperature has dropped down to -35c over the past couple days, so I figured I would go warm the bike up.... and after letting it run for about a half hour or so, I thought of how some guys want to know how it sounds after I drilled the baffles.... so I made a short video.....

p.s dont mind my messy shed...lol....its winter and I run out of room fast in there.

·
Registered
269 Posts
It worked! sounded pretty good!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Sounds good. I took the baffles completely out of my bike; maybe I went too far but I like the way mine sounds with the modified stock pipes. I think your pipes with the drilled baffles looks better than my pipes with the baffles removed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Its a 2011 Classic SE and Im pretty sure it was a 3/8 drill bit and I put 8 holes in each baffle.

·
Registered
696 Posts
That sounds pretty good. Do you think it does justice to the actual sound?

I bought a set of slightly used pipes that had only the center deal drilled out. At first, I thought I'd have to add more holes like you did, but after putting a few thousand miles on them, the sound got much better.

I'm fixing to take them off to install a Cobra 2 into 1. Maybe I should do this video thing before I take them off. Do you think that would help a potential buyer?

thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think it sounds ALOT better than it did, I should have did a before and after vid....but I just wanted to post one up just in case someone was thinking about doing it, on a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being easy and 10 being difficult, I would rate this a 4....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts