• Poll closed .
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
YES = keep it
NO = lose it
... apparently once a poll starts you cannot edit it, makes sense... oh well! :)

wanted to get the feel of the forum in regards to this... i recently bought my '02 with the Indian logo put on the tank... it's not just stuck on, it looks like the guy put it on and then had it clear coated over top so no easy removal?!?!

i wasn't going to let that minor flaw stop me from buying a b-e-a-Utiful bike!!! although i have seen pics around where people have done the same thing.

i have already been asked about it... only had the bike on the ride since this past Monday?!? my explanation is that Kawi named it the Drifter... the original name for the bike by the creator was the Super Chief and it was a replica of the Indian design (not 100% obviously). the design was inspired by the Indian and he wanted to bring back that look... so in many regards it is a modern/metric version of the Indian.

anyway... here is mine. the previous owner took great care of it and other than a few little dings here and there it is immaculate.

keep the logo or lose it?

·
Registered
168 Posts
I say lose it. Enjoy/admire it for what it is, not what it is not.

However, I can't vote in the poll as it's impossible to answer your question "keep the logo or lose it? " with the yes/no answer option supplied. ;) It's unclear what is being answered yes or no to.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
However, I can't vote in the poll as it's impossible to answer your question "keep the logo or lose it? " with the yes/no answer option supplied. ;) It's unclear what is being answered yes or no to.
um... how do i change it? i tried but not sure if it can be after it has already started... :)

i want to lose it, but without pricing redoing the whole friggin' tank over again i think it will have to stay for now. i would rather have no logo on it than the indian, but it doesn't 'look' bad as is... and i just took the shield off and it looks even better! :cool:

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
I just assumed "yes" is keep it...."no" is lose it.....not a great deal of deductive reasoning required.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I wouldn't have put it on myself, but now that it's there I'd leave it. I really like the drifter. Kawasaki was definately going for an indian look alike and I'm guessing they would have put the logo on themselves if they could have.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea... definitely stands out. in all my years of being on the road (in my car) and on the bike the past year, I can honestly say I have never seen a bike pass me that looked like the drifter.

the ironic thing is if you ever take the time to read about it, Kawi had nothing to do with it, they just offered the bike and had no idea what the cobra designers were doing with it. The guy even said it could have been a Harley, a Honda, Suzuki ... whatever, the base bike to start with was irrelavant. they just happen to be able to either get on from Kawi or already had one.

if you were doing a custom paint scheme, I would done a custom logo so it wasn't so obvious a rip-off! ;). and they said the original name of Super Chief was already copyrighted so Kawi couldn't use that... oh well, I love the fact that it's MY bike now!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts