Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, it's a rainy sunday morning, gonna wait till it clears to ride, question, if money were not an issue, go out this week and buy what?....for me, i'm kind of eyeing the Indian chieftain......tell us why too......I sat on the indian and for it's weight it felt great, love the stereo, and the look....ride on.....

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
OK, it's a rainy sunday morning, gonna wait till it clears to ride, question, if money were not an issue, go out this week and buy what?....for me, i'm kind of eyeing the Indian chieftain......tell us why too......I sat on the indian and for it's weight it felt great, love the stereo, and the look....ride on.....
ws, if money was not the issue,, why quit at the 1yard line and settle for the Chief'tan and not put it in the endzone with the RoadMaster?.. I jus don't get out as much these daze.. poncho

Attachments

·
Registered
814 Posts
question, if money were not an issue, go out this week and buy what?
That's a hard question to answer Wally, at least for me. The dream bike would have to be light, smooth at all speeds, and have the seat and ergonomics to allow comfortable all day riding. And it would need to be water cooled to keep from baking in the summer heat. Does one exist like that? I don't know, but still looking...

I think the Chieftain is air cooled and it's a heavyweight, so it's out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
tossup between a goldwing valkyrie, victory cross country, and bmw k1600gtl

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
Why just one....

A black Roadmaster and

A black Rocket III Touring

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
I dig this Goldwing...

Or this Triumph...

And this HD Bobber to trip around town.

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
F6B, aahhgg!...drool

I dig this Goldwing...
s'nott a GW.. issa rokit ship. but finally somebody who dreams out loud w/pix!
got no pix, got no dreams.. cant run w/the big dawgs, stay on the porch. poncho

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
city bike

I once dreamed of building one of these.. wait 6-12months just for a rolling chassis.. that's when why I bought my v2k. chop job. water under the bridge.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Money no issue?

Completely built bagger for shows.

A Voyager for all out touring.

My Nomad for cruising.

A bobber for around town fun.

·
BOTM Winner, May 2015
740 Posts
Chieftan, or the Victory... both look sharp

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
A Harley Davidson Road King. So, that's what I bought.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
A 2016 Vulcan 2000 Drifter!!!......Would somebody talk to Kawasaki for me please???

Why? I love my 1500 Drifter. I try not to get wrapped up in wishing I had what others have, but I've ridden with enough good fellas who ride "the Beast" that I want one. They are truly great bikes! But I love my big ole fenders! If money were no object, I might just have one built.

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
A 2016 Vulcan 2000 Drifter!!!
In order for that to be a viable option, they would need to fix their transmissions. They have a tendency to blow 2nd gear. I would rock a VN2K Voyager, but only if they fixed the transmission.

Side note, they should make the transmission a stand alone from the engine.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Why stop at one? (to echo Kap).

If I had the storage space and funds, I think I'd have a fleet.

Start with the all-arounder and touring bike; my Vaquero;

I absolutely love this bike, hands down, one of my favorite bikes.

Okay, and the government says it's a motorcycle, so it's going in this thread. I really, really, really want a Morgan Three Wheeler ($70k+ makes it a bit out of my price range). Taking a cross country trip in a Morgan is a bucket list item.;

Since we're dreaming, I'll get the Morgan and have some custom shop throw away that ugly S&S motor and put a gorgeous V-Twin on there, like a built H-D 110" (I'm aware S&S is an H-D OEM but the engines are eve style and ugly), or the Indian Thunderstroke 111. Built up to at least match the power output of the S&S 125" that's on there now. Heck, why not a couple? Maybe one with a V2K motor on it.

Then for the short-tripper; because I'm absolutely in love with the looks of Indian (and the ride, too);

Indian Chief Vintage.

The tinker/tool around:

1940's knucklehead.

Harley-Davidson also, very very briefly, made a little 5hp scooter (It had overheating issues but uh.. well... I'll leave that alone :) ), and a dirtbike. I kind of want those too. Maybe only because it's kind of weird and, frankly, I kind of want to ride around on a little bitty scooter and say "Hey check out my hog!".

Another ugly/utility bike:

A 2WD ural. Again, something unique/different. I would also love it for really bad weather (snow), or doing trips like the Grand Canyon and camping at some of the 'tougher access' places. If you're gonna have to ride a trike, it better be because it's two wheel drive and can go places your two wheeler can't go!

And the 'classic metric':

This is the FUEL INJECTED, 1300cc's, 6 cylinder predecessor to the Voyager (made for a short while, then moved to a 4 cyl, carbed, non-digital dash 1200 Voyager.)

Maybe an original Goldwing (opposed 4 cylinder engine, no fairing, etc.) too.

Probably throw a few sport bikes in there, a Road Glide, A Concours...

Yikes, my list is approaching $150k worth of bikes! (In addition to the cost of some of them, like the Knuckle and the Ural, and the Morgan, being notoriously high maintenance and unreliable).

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Ural?! hehe. I rode one back in USSR. It did not have disk brakes only drum brakes, so they only worked on a Thursday. A drive shaft and yes, it is a two wheel drive. Heluwathing to ride. It gives you that special thrill of ooh ooh what's gonna' happen' next? It had a tractor seat, commie style, purely utilitarian no comfort. The passenger seat was also a tractor style, with a ring in front for the passenger to hold on to. A piece of rough leather over a hard metal frame mounted on springs. The speedo was designed in 1938 and it would wobble about your speed, the paint around the fuel cap would peal off and fall into the tank, chugging the carbs. It had a mood and mind of it's own. The gaskets were made out of cork, and leaked. In that way the engineers insured that you always had fresh oil in it. Sometimes it would not start, other days you could shoot it with an AK and it would still go. (no not really). That is a machine for a hardass battle-hardened real man. If you have spare $15000 you should get one, so you will get a taste of what my happy soviet childhood was like ;). Except, this one comes with disk brakes. Psha! decadent, imperial capitalists. Ownership of disk brakes is theft! :)

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,919 Posts
A 2016 Vulcan 2000 Drifter!!!......Would somebody talk to Kawasaki for me please???

Why? I love my 1500 Drifter. I try not to get wrapped up in wishing I had what others have, but I've ridden with enough good fellas who ride "the Beast" that I want one. They are truly great bikes! But I love my big ole fenders! If money were no object, I might just have one built.
O I agree. The V2K engine, with a modern frame mounted fairing and nice looking bags. I'd be one of the first people in line for it...

(and hays, not to hijack thread, but I know of no tendency for V2K trans to go out. Didn't you have one that did that, yes? But it started showing up shortly after you bought it used?...)

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
Since I had my problem, I've heard of several more. There have been a bunch but no one really tied them together. The mechanic I had has seen. Bunch and repaired a bunch...

That's neither here nor there for this thread, sorry for the hijack.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Ural?! hehe. I rode one back in USSR. It did not have disk brakes only drum brakes, so they only worked on a Thursday. A drive shaft and yes, it is a two wheel drive. Heluwathing to ride. It gives you that special thrill of ooh ooh what's gonna' happen' next? It had a tractor seat, commie style, purely utilitarian no comfort. The passenger seat was also a tractor style, with a ring in front for the passenger to hold on to. A piece of rough leather over a hard metal frame mounted on springs. The speedo was designed in 1938 and it would wobble about your speed, the paint around the fuel cap would peal off and fall into the tank, chugging the carbs. It had a mood and mind of it's own. The gaskets were made out of cork, and leaked. In that way the engineers insured that you always had fresh oil in it. Sometimes it would not start, other days you could shoot it with an AK and it would still go. (no not really). That is a machine for a hardass battle-hardened real man. If you have spare $15000 you should get one, so you will get a taste of what my happy soviet childhood was like ;). Except, this one comes with disk brakes. Psha! decadent, imperial capitalists. Ownership of disk brakes is theft! :)
Oh I didn't say they were practical, just cool and different!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like the multiple bike thing. Here's my current list without riding any of them, but it's definitely subject to change every 3 minutes or so.

For solo cruising I'd have a Honda Interstate with some minor mods. I sat on one the other day and loved how it fit me.

For a city errand runner, I think a Vulcan 650 would be kinda fun.

For 2-up trips should that ever occur, I like the looks of a loaded Victory Cross Country.

...and, of course, a dirt/enduro bike for some general hooliganism. :D

1 - 20 of 51 Posts