Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm new to your wonderful looking forum and am looking forward to getting (and eventually giving) great advice.

Love the 900 classic with its wider front wheel but I'm not crazy about the beach cruiser style handlebars. (I figured its cheaper to buy the classic 900 and change the bars than buy the custom 900 and have to change the front rim and tire out...)

Couple of questions:
1) Will the custom 900 bars fit without modifications on my classic?
2) I like the T bars they sell on "blue collar bobbers" for the 900 classic but it looks like i would need to stretch out a lot more than the stock bars. Could i use pullback risers? What application works?
3) What other proven set ups are out there using drag or T bars? Pics please?
I want to be comfortable for longer rides. I am 5'11'' and have decent arm reach.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. Looks a lot better than the beach cruiser style bars. How is it for comfort? I've ridden a custom with the same bars and it felt good. I just thought it might be odd with the 5 inch tire difference.

·
Registered
57 Posts
It is VERY comfortable for me. I am 6 foot and long arms, plus a shoulder injury from 2009 and surgery to reconstruct. I am like a Canary for uncomfortable bars, I can tell within a few minutes! :)

I have had the other type of bars on other bikes and I will never go back. I actually had an antique Honda at one point with the buck horn types and had a shop custom bend them before I ever rode it, saved me a mint on new bars. In your case there are lots of easy options for replacement at least.

Vince

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know they feel feel good. I'm Aout the same size as u.
They have some nice drag style bars from Barons that are only 30.00 more than the stock custom bars. They are a bit thicker (I think 1 1/4 inch diameter instead of the 1 inch stock)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Btw do u know what the rise on your bars are?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts