Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the wife and I were out for a late night ride Saturday -about 11-11:30 pm -we love night riding. The streets are quiet, we even took a country ride, S-L-O-W-L-Y as deer are THICK around these parts.

As we get back into town we're crusing down a 40 mph road at 40 and in my left periferal I see two objects flutter out of the darkness and impact my front tire/fender, hit my engine and leg, and go under the bike. I thought I hit a couple of doves.

I immediately pulled over and got off the bike to check for damage and I see a pair of high-top sneakers tied together and tangled up in my kickstand hardware/spring.

By the time I whipped out my knife and cut the sneaks free my blood was boiling -the old man was back. All I could think was that if those shose would have lodged in my front wheel my wife could be seriously injured right now -or worse.

I got back on the scoot, pulled a u-turn and went looking for the punks that threw those shoes. I guess it's fortunate for them AND me that I didn't find them.

Can't even take a nice relaxing ride without some idiot(s) doing something stupid.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Glad you and the wife are OK.

It probably is best that you did not find them.:skeleton:

I really do not think that people understand that there is a difference between a bike and a auto.
Dumb kids, I guess.

Scott

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Scott.

I probably would've just had a little talk with them . . . probably.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The deer did it and are laughing at you. :)
LOL That wouldn't surprise me, either, Daboo. We need a 12 month hunting season!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Glad you're ok, and the old man in me kinda wishes you'd found those fools too, but kinda glad you didn't. Did you at least phone in a report to the local LEO's? If it's a repeat incident, they might already know the culprits, and it might be the last straw. If nothing else, it starts the (slow) process.

If nothing else, get a bunch of other "motorcycle enthusiasts" together, have everyone loop some high tops over their bars (or other very obvious locations) and cruise through the area in a very large group, peaceful protest style. LOL Could be what it takes to make some young punk realize the error of his ways?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad you're ok, and the old man in me kinda wishes you'd found those fools too, but kinda glad you didn't. Did you at least phone in a report to the local LEO's? If it's a repeat incident, they might already know the culprits, and it might be the last straw. If nothing else, it starts the (slow) process.

If nothing else, get a bunch of other "motorcycle enthusiasts" together, have everyone loop some high tops over their bars (or other very obvious locations) and cruise through the area in a very large group, peaceful protest style. LOL Could be what it takes to make some young punk realize the error of his ways?
Ha! I like the way you think, Pretzel!

Now that you mention it, I should have reported it but I didn't. I guess I blew that one.

·
Premium Member
994 Posts
JtC
I too am glad that your wife and you are not hurt.
If you do find these nitwits, call me I will help post ypour bond.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts