Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
07 vulcan custom got the double headlight done and led blinkers when it get warm just got to stick them to the tree that why hanging in pic,

Attachments

·
Registered
74 Posts
That's the look I am going for too. Well, I should say was setting up, until I messed my triple tree putting the brackets on. What size are they?

·
Registered
450 Posts
I think that looks awesome personally im not a fan of the blinkers but I have seen that style becoming more n more popular.

·
Registered
49 Posts
daddy The lights are cool

OK, my question is how difficult is it to pull off. I love the look as well.
what size are they and is it a huge electrical issue....I have a stock 1500 classic:)

·
Registered
74 Posts
OK, my question is how difficult is it to pull off. I love the look as well.
what size are they and is it a huge electrical issue....I have a stock 1500 classic:)
Mechanically, mine were quite a pain. Since I went with 5.75" assemblies, I couldn't really make an easy bracket that would mount the assemblies the same way as stock. I went with fork brackets, which required to lift the bike and drop the tubes (unless you can find brackets that are split in 2).

Electrically, it does not look too bad (I'm still wiring them up). Since the stock fuse is 10A, and 2 High Beam will pull just about 10A, I am only connecting 1 High Beam. If you're running the Wagner BP1210, you'll want to do some relay and wiring upgrade even for just the Low Beams.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the pain i had was the lights i got had 5 wires each 2 ground 1 little light and 1 low and 1 high, so to hook up to the stock low and ground there were 4 wires each was a pain, the mount i got off ebay and was very nice, i know there how a how too on a mean streak that might help u with the 1500. all i have to do is really drill 2 holes in the chrome plate on my tree and get long bolts.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mechanically, mine were quite a pain. Since I went with 5.75" assemblies, I couldn't really make an easy bracket that would mount the assemblies the same way as stock. I went with fork brackets, which required to lift the bike and drop the tubes (unless you can find brackets that are split in 2).

Electrically, it does not look too bad (I'm still wiring them up). Since the stock fuse is 10A, and 2 High Beam will pull just about 10A, I am only connecting 1 High Beam. If you're running the Wagner BP1210, you'll want to do some relay and wiring upgrade even for just the Low Beams.
I like the look but will that extra light have any effect on the stator as far as current draw and overloading it,just curious about that.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I like the look but will that extra light have any effect on the stator as far as current draw and overloading it,just curious about that.
This is equivalent to adding a light bar with 2 x 30W lights, so I don't anticipate any issue. Someone else might know the exact "spare" electrical capacity we have on this bike. The alternator is rated at 32A x 14V @ 5000RPM.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i dont know for sure but i dont see a problem i got now 2 4.5 lights, and my brothers classic got the 8in or what ever it is plus the 2 side driving lights that look almost the same size as my new headlights lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts