Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the Mustang seat on my 01 Nomad and loved it. The Voyager on the other hand, I feel like I sit on the bike, not into it.

So who has a Mustang seat on there Voyager and how do you like it, does it make you sit back and down into it.

I had advice to contact Russell Day long too

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
I loved my Mustang on my Honda Shadow Sabre, so I tried one on my Voyager. I found I sat up high enough that pushing the bike backwards was difficult, and while my butt felt better riding my back really hurt, even with the backrest. I returned the seat, tried an Ultimate seat and didn't like it either. Stock seat is OK, but I'm thinking about looking at a Corbin.

·
Registered
98 Posts
OverHillandDale,
I just got a used corbin seat (gunfighter and lady) with driver backrest for my vn800. Even though it was used it looks brand new. The driver backrest is a huge help for my lower back. The seating position is as you describe (i feel like i am in the bike not just on it). I got lucky and found it on ebay for $310 including shipping.
-Art

·
Registered
644 Posts
I tried the Ultimate seat and it just wasn't the same as the Ultimate I put on my Stratoliner S I used to have. Got rid of it and went back to the stock seat with a Grasshopper backrest. Pretty comfortable now.

·
Registered
636 Posts
corbin

I have the corbin on mine it moves you back atleast 2.5 inches. I have risers ordered to move the bars back to me again. I love it ! Moves you way off the tank instead of sittting on it. I dont think it lowers you to much maybe half an inch but not much.

·
Premium Member
1,707 Posts
I got the Kawai gel seats which raised me up about two inches, Could have used a couple more. But they are more comfortable than the stock and my knees are at least lower than my hip. I can go 500-600 miles and my butt does not get tired. I had the rear of my Venture raised 4 inches. It was easy to raise or lower the Venture. Mono shock links are a wonderful thing. I would like to raise the back of this Voyager at least 3. I am not built close to the ground. (except my belly)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have the corbin on mine it moves you back atleast 2.5 inches. I have risers ordered to move the bars back to me again. I love it ! Moves you way off the tank instead of sittting on it. I dont think it lowers you to much maybe half an inch but not much.
Can you email me some pics of your seat on the bike.
[email protected]

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Can you email me some pics of your seat on the bike.
[email protected]
You can see pics on Corbin's website. If I hadn't bought the heated seats the day I bought the bike, I would look at Corbin. I have the young guns on my Mean Streak and even though it is firm it is all day comfortable.

With the Corbin seats you have to give it some time before you decide if you like it or not. Of course if you are close to one of their locations you can ride in and get the seat custom tweeked for your derriere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts