1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
240 Posts
hopefully they give that poor officer a full set of leathers if he's gonna be called out to run down high speed chases. otherwise i'd tell em to stuff the bike you know where, and sideways at that.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I saw some pictures of this bike a couple of months ago. I can't remember what site I found them on, but they were at Pop's convenient store on Route 66. There were 4 or 5 pictures of them. Defenitely something you don't want to try and outrun.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
It looks uncomfortable to me, kind of a like a stomach rider but not quite. They could have gotten a straight up bike that could outrun most vehicles and the rider would be a lot more comfortable. Just my view.

·
Registered
69 Posts
It looks uncomfortable to me, kind of a like a stomach rider but not quite. They could have gotten a straight up bike that could outrun most vehicles and the rider would be a lot more comfortable. Just my view.
When i'm not cruisin' my VN900 Classic, i'm haulin' some serious ass on my '07 Hayabusa. I've taken a couple trips to Laughlin, Nevada from North Central Arkansas and is not as bad of a ride as one would think when it comes to comfort. Suzuki out-did themselves and all other sportbike makers when they built this beast. Oklahoma probably got one in hopes of catching me next time i pass through. HAHA!! Just kiddin':cool:

·
Registered
563 Posts
I can't believe the office is riding around in short sleeves - should be in leathers. If I was going to have to chase someone down at high speeds I would at least want to be wearing gear!

·
Banned
229 Posts
Most likely just for the photos don't you think?

·
Registered
358 Posts
1. So, in OK I've got NOOO chance to run on my 900...LOL!
2. Nothing like promoting motorcycle safety by riding with short sleeves and an exposed gun!
3. I think he's lying when he says he doesn't want to roll up to 200mph. ;)

·
Registered
253 Posts
In the last few months of fall I saw a couple of these bikes in the Tulsa area. The officers do wear full gear while on the bikes. I believe the shots in the news story were just that, a news story. They have been hiding out on the major highways in Tulsa where there is a lot of construction.

·
Registered
44 Posts
screen play

The LEO abruptly ends conversation on his cell phone,takes off (smoking burnout) all excited for a chance to chase somebody, the law breaking biker decides to pull a u-turn but instead just does some 'flat track' style big circles on the five lane interstate, the LEO follows around in the circle until he drops his bike ( no training at drifting) then pulls out gun and empties it trying to hit the guy going in circles. Optional is bystanders being hit by bullets.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
OK..........so the bike can go 200.

So...........you pursue a guy on another rocket, and catch up to him. Then what? A P.I.T. maneuver?????. I think not. Just follow until he runs out of gas, or wrecks out?? Or...the LEO wrecks out?? Just use the chopper

·
Registered
22 Posts
Most likely just for the photos don't you think?
No. I see them in short sleeves all the time. OHP and the Sheriffs office all ride, as well as the OKC PD. I've seen them a few times on I-44, and you just don't think of a sport bike on the side of the road as being a cop.

·
Registered
139 Posts

So...........you pursue a guy on another rocket, and catch up to him. Then what? A P.I.T. maneuver?????. I think not. Just follow until he runs out of gas, or wrecks out?? Or...the LEO wrecks out?? Just use the chopper
My thoughts exactly! What's that cop think he's gonna do then? Pit someone with that bike, turn loose of the bars at 150+ and shoot out their tires? They're just buying toys with the taxpayers money, that's all.

·
Premium Member
1,349 Posts
Whew, my depth perception is terrible! I thought he got wiped out by the 18-wheeler right at the beginning. Did they just follow him to his house?

·
Registered
22 Posts

My thoughts exactly! What's that cop think he's gonna do then? Pit someone with that bike, turn loose of the bars at 150+ and shoot out their tires? They're just buying toys with the taxpayers money, that's all.

I think the first 2 Hayabusas in the OKC area came through drug seizures. It was a matter of sending motor officers to school to learn high performance bikes.
Side note, I worked around a local pd aviation division (I worked at the airport where they were based.) One night, while doing a hot refuel, the observer got all excited, and had me stop early. Once I was safely out of the way, they were gone. I drove my fuel truck around the hanger just in time to see a bike screaming down the road right by the airport. A few seconds behind came 8 or 10 patrol cars, lights going. The whole shooting match disappeared off in the distance, and I went about my night. About 20 minutes later, the chopper returned with laughing crew. They explained the guy on the bike was pulling away from all the cars when the rider decided to cross an open field to help his escape. The observer explained that the pilot "got him with the spot" and the bike went down at slower speeds in the grass. They laughed, and never would say whether they blinded the guy with it, or physically knocked him off the bike.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts