Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i recently bought a 2004 Vulcan Nomad 1500 Fi. Im planning on getting a mechanic to verify its had all its service stuff up to 12k miles. I bought the Haynes guide for this bike and I have a couple of questions.

What brand of engine oil is best?
What brand of drive train oil?

Im doing the above two fluid changes (plus radiator) myself. Yea, i know its nothing but I want the certified mechanic to check the rest of the stuff until i get familiar. He is a friend of a friend, so doing it really cheap.

Anyways, thanks in advance.

Also, any advice on what should or could be done outside the service manual 12k recommendations is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
360 Posts
What brand of engine oil is best?
What brand of drive train oil?
You're about to open a massive can of worms with those questions. You can search the forum. There are plenty of online arguments as to what is best. This brand vs that brand. Dino vs synthetic vs blend. As long as you keep up with it, it's personal preference.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Any brand as long as the weight is right !!
ANY BRAND!

Any any type as long as YOU feel comfortable with it - synthetic, dino, or blend.

Now the question - how many reposes will you get after this?

·
Premium Member
671 Posts
I only use hand=processed free-range organic fair trade non-GMO oil in my bike. It goes through a meticulous proprietary process using 7 tiny miners living with a teen girl in the woods for some reason, who are able to extract pure natural nectar from the rocks. It is carbon filtered, cold processed, hand infused with the slightest fragrance of lilac, and emanates a nice aroma from the crankcase vent. Anyone who uses any less just doesn't give a flying flapjack about their motorcycle, apparently.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.