Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alot of people when they become attached to someone or something give it an affectionate name. So my question is this what do you call your bike in private or in public?

When not running or causing problems they are called several names....none of which are suitable for this forum....;)

My Vulcan 500 has been a good mount so far and its used as a utility bike for grocerie shopping or running errands. I call it the Mule or Little Black Cow depending on my mood or what it has to do that day so far it doesent mind being called either.. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good name!

I use to own a Black Tahoe but gas prices shot up and traded it in. I loved my Tahoe and called it my Lil Black Hoe. Now that I own a Black 2007 1600 Nomad, I have called it my " Lil black ho " Best regards, Ride safe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hmmm...

Well, I've been trying to think of a name for her. Last week I was riding her and thinking a lot about the strugggles in my personal life right now... and it came to me...

Perfect name! Karma's gonna be her name I said... so there ya have it!

~Jim

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
For all of its life I've only referred to my bike as 'her', mainly because I'm NOT riding something masculine. :)

But today I thought about something to refer to the LTD name of the Vulcan 500 and I came up with "Long Term Driver". I think it's fitting considering she's been with me over 10 years. :)

I think I'll just refer to her now as LTD.

·
Registered
382 Posts
rocket iii

The original Rocket was my first car.
Rocket II was my '07 Ninja 650R in plasma blue metallic.
Rocket III is my '09 Vulcan 9 as the gf didn't like riding on the ninja, and I didnt like how it felt 2-up. Sure vulcan is WAY slower, but riding 2-up I feel much more comfortable with it, and she does too. The vulcan is, of course, in plasma blue metallic.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Hogasaki is what my Harley buds call my 900 classic LT:D

·
Registered
397 Posts
Although I never refer to it by a name, (I usually just say "I'm taking the bike"...) it seemed to me that if I were to try and name it, it should be "The Niner" or something like that. Because (as it shows up in my sig line) it's an '09 900, I signed my purchase agreement on 9-9-09, (plus I even got a great financing rate of 3.99%). How's that for a confluence of events?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sounds good to me, niner it is then. Hogasaki.....should call their bikes Indian-Davidsons because the original HD v-twin was a Copy of an Indian.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I just call mine "The Kawi", as I have a Suzuki Burgman Executive and refer to it as "Burgie". Not too original, but it works for me.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I play guitar, and have named all my guitars after models. So, i kept that up with my 900 custom. She is long, lean, looks bitchy, so I call her Giselle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
as for what the wife says, she's "the other woman" or "the Misstress" all I know is that I can ride her as much as I want, and the wife only complains the normal amount.;)

·
Registered
397 Posts
I play guitar, and have named all my guitars after models. So, i kept that up with my 900 custom. She is long, lean, looks bitchy, so I call her Giselle.
:D
(that's pretty good)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hummm, I had a name for the 250 Rebel called her Little Diva, not sure what to call this one I don't like big Diva or just Diva, she has a totaly different personality. I usually refer to her as my new scoot. So that could be a possibility? Not to sure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
For various reasons, I named mine Grace. Although, as a previous posted said, I rarely call her by name in front of people. Usually I just refer to her as "the chopper."

·
Registered
553 Posts
For all of its life I've only referred to my bike as 'her', mainly because I'm NOT riding something masculine. :)

But today I thought about something to refer to the LTD name of the Vulcan 500 and I came up with "Long Term Driver". I think it's fitting considering she's been with me over 10 years. :)

I think I'll just refer to her now as LTD.
So. . . you wouldn't ride a male horse? ? ?
I've always considered my bike a horse, not a lover. LOL!! :rolleyes:

·
wocka, wocka, wocka
5,618 Posts
by any other name she still is a big BEAR of a BEAST

so I call her the "RedBear'n". cuz she be red and is a bear... and when I am doing fly overs I can pretend Im gunnin down all those little cars n trucks. if only I had tracers and could see them burst in flames, parts flying off and they spinning off the road.. the occasional pilot ejection with chute deployed always warms the heart... must resist another burst on the guns to finish the job.

When in my truck, I am flying a C130 gunship bristling with 50mm cannons. you could only imagine the trail of carnage and mayhem in my wake! hey, its just a diversion to help me control vertigo. dang, if only they were real guns, rats!

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
So. . . you wouldn't ride a male horse? ? ?
I've always considered my bike a horse, not a lover. LOL!! :rolleyes:
To each his/her own. :)

I've never ridden a horse (as an adult anyway) so I can't make that comparison. I've just got a close relationship with my machine and I choose female.
(btw, no offense taken)

·
Registered
553 Posts
To each his/her own. :)

I've never ridden a horse (as an adult anyway) so I can't make that comparison. I've just got a close relationship with my machine and I choose female.
(btw, no offense taken)
No offense intended. Just messin' witcha.

:D

We've got a couple of horses. Both males. I ride occasionally, but; they are the wife's/Daughters pets.
I always tell them that my horse has wheels and I only have to feed it when I ride it.

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
I usally get very attached to my vehicles and name them... but my '08 Vulcan Classic 1600 is only four days mine, I'll have to really give serious thought to an appropriate name. My names are usually on the "her" side but this bike is BY FAR the largest bike I've ever owned, it might lean towards "Bubba" or "Big Blue" !!

1 - 20 of 117 Posts