Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this forum and have found it more that helpful. I was wondering if the V&H fuel pack will work on the 09 VN900. Everywhere I look online states that it will fit 06-08. It was my understanding that the ECU's were the same on these bike (at least according to the part numbers).

I am currently running V&H slashcut staggerds and just ordered the Arlen Ness Big Sucker. So I guess I need to get on the ball with the fuel pack.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
533 Posts
The model of Power Commander changed from the '08 to '09 for the 900 (new one is the PC-V, I believe), so perhaps there's a difference in the V&H. Best solution if you're bent on the V&H product is to call them and ask. If it were me, I'd go for the G-Man Bully, but that's JMO.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The model of Power Commander changed from the '08 to '09 for the 900 (new one is the PC-V, I believe), so perhaps there's a difference in the V&H. Best solution if you're bent on the V&H product is to call them and ask. If it were me, I'd go for the G-Man Bully, but that's JMO.
Thanks Jimbo,

I looked at the G-Man Bully online and it appears to be in my price range. How easy is it to install? Do the maps that come with the product need adjustment or are they pretty on? I would be looking at the stage 3 with the after market pipes and air intake. Hows the customer service? Also, I noticed that the site stated the part was for a vulcan 900 classic. I'm assuming that it would work for the custom as well since they are pretty much the same bike.

·
Registered
263 Posts
How do you have yours set up? I am going to stick with stock exhaust, add a new intake and FI controller.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'd already bought a Cobra before I learned of the Bully. Thankfully, the Cobra is doing it's job well, but if it "goes south", the Bully will be it's replacement. Why do I recommend it without owning one? Simple....I've not heard a single bad word about it. People who post who own one all say how nice they work and how easy it is to get advice from the owner of the company....how helpful he is. If you call and talk with him and explain what setup you have he'll give you his recommendation as to what settings to use. If you're buying, he'll set it up per his suggestions to you. I understand they're quite easy to change settings....just a matter of watching the led lights on the unit. Of course, in order to make that possible, you'll need to purchase the holder that clamps on your handlebars. Hookup is, I believe, plug 'n play, just like the other units. Again, my Cobra has worked fine for me. Others like the Power Commander, but having to download maps, etc. is a bit more than I care to play with. I don't have an axe to grind with any of them.

TeamSunBelt, I've never swapped just the intake, but there are those who claim that just swapping the intake and leaving the stock pipes doesn't require the fuelpak, much like just swapping the pipes and leaving the stock intake. There's two definite schools of thought on the subject. Gary at G-Man Industries will most certainly have some suggestions I'm sure. You can email him or call.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts