Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have anew to me V2K and want to make it all better, do you need 2-3 people to remove the tank to replace the coolant, i already replaced the plugs without tank removal.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I've removed my tank by myself several times. It's pretty easy. Best advice is to have a minimal amount of gasoline in tank...weighs alot less and handling it is easier when there isn't a few gallons sloshing around.

Fuel line is easy to disconnect. You'll have three sets of wires from the coil to remove. Keep those out of the way when you're lifting up because sometimes they get caught up on the brackets down there. Then don't forget the breather hose located on the drive side of the bike over the rear cylinder head. And of course, the bolt at the rear of the tank.

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,917 Posts
TB has it right.

It really is that simple.

take off the seat and remove the tank bolt. At this point, I'll lift the tank up a few inches and slide something under where the bolt goes. I have big hands and those few inches of space help to access the fuel hose.

Below the coil, are three electrical connections. Make note of how the wires are "run/wrapped", so you can redo it (quick snapshot from cell phone is handy). Undo all three.

Find the fuel hose behind the coil. See the red/orange clamp? Take a flat head screw driver and poke each side of the clamp in towards the hose, then push the clamp back. Pull off hose from pump. A bit of gas will leak out from the hose, it's ok.

Don't forget breather hose, located on the underside by the bolt hole.

The tank lifts up and toward the seat. Don't bang it on the handlebars.

i was nervous when I first did it. Now I can have it off in less than five minutes.

·
Registered
288 Posts
It's not even really all that heavy when full of gas. I've removed mine full a number of times. I have an old tire that I set it on so it doesn't have a chance of getting banged up. My fuel line is a b1tch to get off, though. As tight as it is I don't think I have to worry about it leaking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts