Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am stumped with a part and need help. So, I removed the right-side fairing cover on my 2012 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic 900 to check the relay. ( I was having a headlight issue which I figured out already). In any event, after I removed it and started to put everything back, I noticed this a small brass-looking washer spacer thingy on the floor right around my work area. I am assuming it belongs to the bike, but to be honest I'm not 100% sure. For the life of me, I cannot figure out where this metal spacer goes or what its purpose is. It doesn't seem to fit anywhere on the side cover or even under the seat which I also removed while I was working on the bike. Can anybody tell me where this piece goes (see photos) or at least what this spacer is called? I even pulled up the parts diagram online and was not able to find this part at all. Maybe somebody out there has some answers. Any ideas? Please chime in. Thanks!

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you have the battery cables disconnected for what you were doing now, or at some time where it's plausible that could still be laying where it was?
Nope I did not disconnect the battery. I assume it fell out of the bike when I removed the side cover and although I did take the tool box out, the battery was never disconnected...

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
it goes between the wire and battery post
So, I installed the washer in between the battery and wire and the post. I've attached a photo. Is this how it's supposed to go? It looks awkward plus the other battery post doesn't have that washer at all, and I'm still not sure if this is right. I pulled up a couple of Youtube videos on battery installation on a Vulcan, and they don't show or mention this copper washer at all. Any thoughts?

Vulcan Battery Installation Video

Attachments

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
By my thinking anyway, if you never had the battery disconnected at that junction does it seem logical it goes there?

Frankly, it doesn't look like it belongs there to me.
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.. maybe it’s not even a part of the bike at all..probably some random nut washer .. I was just wanting to make sure and see if anybody on the forum had even seen this part on a Vulcan. I know it’s a small thing, but it still bothers me lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts