Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious about the Cafe Racer windshield. It is one of the many accessories that i am eyeing. does anyone own one? Do you like it? i don't really care for windshields, but i think that this one looks cool. but i never seen a full picture of it on the bike, just that small pic of just the windshield and some handlebar. if you have a pic please post. i will look at the pics on the forum as well, maybe there is one there.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Gday mate. Yep, I have one. If you search this 900 forum for the bullet fairings thread (I think ...) you will see a picture. Can send some more if you like.
Like I said in the other thread, I can't fault it. It's neat, sexy lookin', high quality, easy to install and functional. It tidies up the front of the bike without detracting from it's original look. It takes the wind off you chest but leaves your shoulders and helmet in the breeze. Its fluted in shape, doesn't rattle or vibrate (unless you go really really fast and then...., everything vibrates ...).
I'll see if I can find the thread for you.
Actually. No. I have a better idea.
Go here ... http://www.kawariders.com.au/showthread.php?20868-LONEYS-VN-900&highlight=loneys
Pretty sure you will be able to access the pages.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its a pretty good look. fairly inexpensive too. i am ok with the wind, i currently ride without a shield. i wouldn't mind some protection but i don't want the windshield to be a huge focus, and i hate getting smacked upside my head like you do when you have a shield. I think this would work well. Nice bike btw, similar to mine, but mines blue.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I had national cycles version of a cafe shield on my custom for a few years. It was great, it took just enough wind off my chest. I switched it out for a dron fairing for just a little more wind protection. Here is a bad cell pic.

·
Registered
100 Posts
its a pretty good look. fairly inexpensive too. i am ok with the wind, i currently ride without a shield. i wouldn't mind some protection but i don't want the windshield to be a huge focus, and i hate getting smacked upside my head like you do when you have a shield. I think this would work well. Nice bike btw, similar to mine, but mines blue.
Thanks Jay. Couldn't be happier with the ride and Ive seen the blue. Really nice on this bike. We're not biased - are we ....

If you get the shield, remember this tip; before you tighten everything up, run your finger around the gap between shield and headlight. If the gap is the same all the way aound, then it's centered. Mine was 'out' a little and it bugged me to ride and see it wasn't quite right. Just might save you a little time

·
Registered
43 Posts
They're Viking bags. Wish they were a tad bigger though. I did get them because their shape compliments the lines of the tank and rear fender.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts