Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there are many many threads on this.
I am just looking for anyone who has a similar set up to mine.

I have a drop in K&N and stock drilled pipes.
I installed an EJK (purchased used from another great forum member)

Im learning about this and programming it.

Does anyone have any suggested settings that will maximize this setup.

Thanks
Aron.

·
Registered
364 Posts
The main thing I would suggest regardless of your other settings is:

Set the Green/Blue Setting (4th of 6th Settings on the 1700 EJK/Bully) from 6 to the new setting of 1 or .5
EJK recommends a setting of 6, but no-one I know has found this satisfactory.

This richens things up just off idle and is the only way on an EJK to eliminate or reduce decel popping.

I actually preferred the old 4-pot Dobecks as they were foolproof in eliminating decel popping.

Side Note: Too bad you already bought the EJK. Based on what I have read about the Ivan's ECU reflash, this is now the preferred way to go.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
While reflash is the way to go my budget is extremely tight. A fellow forum member made me an great offer to buy the ejk. I set the bike to the factory ejk settings and the difference is amazing. I'm not speed racing. I enjoy the bike very much but rarely twist it past 3000-3500 rpms. I'm not looking to win any races. I love the bike stock. Anything over that is a huge bonus.

·
Premium Member
1,352 Posts
If you are interested in increasing your mpg, don't set the Green/Blue as low as VH suggested, especially if any popping you have doesn't bother you. There is nothing wrong with some popping unless you just don't like it.

I have a little different setup that you, so most of my numbers may not work on yours (Chuckster BAK and undrilled stock pipes). G-1.5; Y-1.0; R-2.0; G/B-3.0; Y/B 2.0; R/B-3.5. I'm still zeroing in but I'm close. Going from G/B-1.0 to 3.0 increased my mpg by 3 - 4 and I hardly noticed the difference in power and response. I can probably back it off a tad more and still be happy with it. BTW, I have almost no popping at all that I can hear, but my pipes still have the baffle plates in.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried the dobeck defaults and was not happy.

I am running the following
2,2,1.5. 3,4,4.5

So far it runs great however I still have a slight hesitation rolling our of a slower turn in second gear.

Any suggestions.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Remember the Dobek defaults are for a complete air kit with aftermarket exhaust. With a K&N and drilled stock you are going to have to back those off a bit. I am sure you'll get it dialed in, and have fun doing it :)

·
Registered
281 Posts
My old settings are posted here somewhere. I had my bike up on a Dyno and the AFR readings were near perfect, with BAK and V&H slipons. Made 82 hp and 102 ft. Lbs of torque. I agree that the .5 setting for green/blue made things worse in the decel popping area.

if I recall, my and settings before going to the PCV were

G/B 5
Y/B 3.5
R/B 4.5

G 3
Y 4
R 1

The bike has a decent acelerator pump and id not need much fuel top end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts