Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 09 custom se and after i put the ness air kit i get alot of back pop and some gurgling.I do have a power commander and changed the map but the same thing,i also put smart partz baffles on my hardcrome strippers and that helped some.I called my kawasaki dealer and asked if they could put a custom map and the shop supervisor told me "that on the 900 it seems to work better without a power commander after those mods have been made "he stated just on the 900's though??????Anyone else heard this just dosent sound right.Well im gona disconnect and take it for a ride and see how it feels and sounds.............:

·
Registered
343 Posts
My bike runs better with the PC3 & I have V&H with opened up air box.I have a map you can try just pm me your email.All of dyna jets maps are to rich even the one for a stock bike is richer than this map.My bike still runs good & cool only had the fan come on twice on a 93 degree day when I was poking around.

·
Registered
84 Posts
have you marbled it? if not then that is the issue.....

·
Registered
711 Posts
Marbeling will help some.
The PC3 I own works better than the Cobra Fuel management I had and way better then when I had no fuel management at all.

·
Registered
186 Posts
IM running cobra fi2000, hard krome strippers,LA choppers BAK,throttleplates removed ,I had issues with excessive popping,but after getting my fuel processor figured out,I rarely get any of that now. and when it does it is very slight.so it sounds to me like you need to do some minor adjustments.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I have a 09 custom se and after i put the ness air kit i get alot of back pop and some gurgling.I do have a power commander and changed the map but the same thing,i also put smart partz baffles on my hardcrome strippers and that helped some.I called my kawasaki dealer and asked if they could put a custom map and the shop supervisor told me "that on the 900 it seems to work better without a power commander after those mods have been made "he stated just on the 900's though??????Anyone else heard this just dosent sound right.Well im gona disconnect and take it for a ride and see how it feels and sounds.............:
Its called "he doesnt have a dyno or the ability or knowledge to set it up."

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So i marbled it and it sounds better but now im having trouble taking out my smartpartz baffles ..........................

·
Registered
186 Posts
let us know how it turns out,myself i find it hard to believe also,and did the shop supervisor mean just the power commander it self or all of the fuel processors available for the 900??????, I disconnected my cobraFI after seeing this reply, rode about 30miles hooked it back up and found that i like the cobra FI and could tell a difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts