Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be changing tires in the next few weeks preparing for the ride to Phoenix from Oregon/Washington.

When mounting new tires, do you install new tubes, or are the tubes good for a couple of sets of tires? Bike is an '07.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I re-used my tubes - this is the first change on the tires. The tire shop told me they do this a lot if the tubes have only been in one set of tires.

·
Premium Member
3,670 Posts
I'll be changing tires in the next few weeks preparing for the ride to Phoenix from Oregon/Washington.

When mounting new tires, do you install new tubes, or are the tubes good for a couple of sets of tires? Bike is an '07.
Hey there... enjoy the ride, im heading to Phoenix in june, been there b4, its a great ride where ever your coming from.

·
Registered
976 Posts
You have two factors you have to consider. Mileage and age. Both are detrimental to the rubber. Three-Four year old tube, replace. 15-20,000 miles, replace. I re-used stock front tire tubes once. Rear tire tubes with stock tires could easily see 4 stock tires. Not so anymore with the CT where I re-used the tube that I had only one tire on, but would have changed it out this time as it had 25,000 miles on it. But that's only a 2 year old tube at the most so it won't get brittle with age.

I swapped to a Custom rim so I don't have tubes now on the rear now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts