Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my bike with vance & hines longshots already on it. Don't get me wrong, it sounds amazing but it is missing that deceleration crackle that i have heard on others. What I have read is that even the long shots have baffles in them which take away from that crackle. Do they really have baffles and if so can i remove them safely and how? I really thought the longshots where pretty much straight pipes already but again I am new with this cruiser thing. Thanks!

Correction: I don't know why i keep saying longshots. It actually has bigshots installed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For example listen to the first 10 seconds of this video. When he shifts there is a crackle sound mine does not have. Not sure of his brand pipes because it does not say but what i have heard is it is baffles removing this sound.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY2vbKZ7vuI

·
Registered
249 Posts
no baffles on that bike, the tin sound is what you get without baffles or has you say crackle sound. I do not know if your pipes have baffles but if you remove them it will sound like that. if you put stove pipe around the baffles all the way and cover all the vent looking holes, it will be lower with more rumble. if you just wrap the baffle 1/2 way, the front 1/2 you will get louder with a rumble but still no crackle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts