Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This user and I agreed for me to sell him some parts off my 1600. We verbally agreed that he would pay for the price of the parts plus shipping. As soon as I shipped the package all communication stopped and he wont return my calls or texts. I’m trying to cancel the package so this piece of crap doesn’t get free motorcycle parts.
Just a warning to anyone working with this user, he’s going to try to scam you.

Attachments

·
Registered
'08 Nomad 1600
100 Posts
Looks like that user's profile isn't active anymore. Hoping it was an admin that took care of it, but am assuming it was the user. Hope you get it sorted/cancelled with the shipping company 😢

·
Super Moderator
946 Posts
Did you ship the items before receiving payment?

·
Registered
2008 Vulcan 900 Classic
316 Posts
I hate seeing stuff like this. I’ve had two separate transactions on this site and they both went great. I hope you get it all figured out.

·
Registered
626 Posts
I have purchased several items on here when great every time. Will probably be offering some items soon since i did some upgrades
Rules to keep in mind to avoid scammers
Don't ship parts till payment is received. If you can create a PayPal invoice give you a recourse and them too
Don't buy or sell to anyone whos profile is very new like less than a month. Yea it sucks to be the new guy on here but you got to put in some time to be trusted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
To be honest- the e-mail address and the conversation reminds me on how my buddy lost his $8000 bike.
Guy contacted him on his sales ad and said he's on business travel in England and wants the bike- they agreed that a buddy of him happen in the area and will give him a check when picking it up. And there are no worries- he can go first to the bank and get the money before giving him the bike. Well- it appeared it was a western union check- he got the money in the bank and gave the guy the bike- even helped him to load it on the trailer- what he did not know is, that western union lets you cancel the check- well- that's what happened 3 days later- all the money was recalled and he even had a minus in his bank account. Bike gone, money gone.
I learned- never trust anyone with a funny e-mail from a provider you never heard of- and then- money first- then shipping- that's how Amazon, E-bay or any other sales page operates.
Hate when things like this happen... Sorry bro.

·
Registered
2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 1600 Nomad
187 Posts
Trust no one. Always use safeguards when buying/selling online. I would also file a police report with the local precinct of the shipping address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts