Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I know this subject has been gone over quite a few times. I just have a question with my specific application. I just bought a cobra PowerFlo air cleaner, not the air intake. I also have debaffled my exhaust.

I know that people say if you change your pipes or your air intake, you don't need a fuel management system, only if you do both. My question is with the debaffled pipes and a new air cleaner, will I be making the engine run too lean on the stock fuel management?

Thanks

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
Does it look like this? If yes then yes. I put this on and opened up the pipes. Once I installed the tuner it all balanced out.

Attachments

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
It's still yes. Your letting in more air and reduced the restriction going out so you will need the tuner. At least I know I did.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
You'll need to add more fuel or you'll be very lean. I did a partial debaffle on my 800 and adding a K&N air filter to the stock housing and started burning out the rear plug due to being so lean.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just put Hard Krome pipes on without baffles, I did nothing to the intake and the only thing I noticed was some backfiring on decel. I found that marbling reduced that and keeping the idle low also helped a lot. I hope I'm not running lean and burning plugs. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
I just put Hard Krome pipes on without baffles, I did nothing to the intake and the only thing I noticed was some backfiring on decel. I found that marbling reduced that and keeping the idle low also helped a lot. I hope I'm not running lean and burning plugs. Any suggestions?
If the intake side is completely stock, you are not letting more air in, so you should be ok. Add an aftermarket intake, a K&N filter, or remove any of the stock airbox, and you'll need more fuel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts