Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hated the front fork reflector...it broke the color of the bike way too much so I decided to delete it. I found a very good way to take it off..takes 10 min and leaves no sticky residue.

Take a fishing line and "cut" the double side sticky on the reflector...your reflector will come off with ease after this.

Now this will leave a sticky shadow of the reflector behind....spray it with some degreaser..i used simple green. Take your BBQ grill brass brush and start going back and fourth...this will take away all the residue....take a clean towel...soak it in simple green and wipe down the fork leg...it will come out really nice and no scratches.

NOTE: USE your reflector to take away as much double side sticky on your fork leg...reason behind its plastic and it has sharp edges...it wont damage your legs.

·
Registered
657 Posts
I just left the bike in the sun on a hot day, carefully peeled off the reflector, rolled my finger over to remove any bulky part and used goof-off to remove the rest. Worked great!!!

·
Registered
209 Posts
I used dental floss to "cut" the reflectors off, then a hair dryer (it was night time) with Goof Gone and my thumb to rub off the residue. Didn't take long.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great...looks awesome..i need to update some photos of my bike

·
Registered
21 Posts
I took a look at the red reflectors under the back passenger seat..Have you removed those or the clear kawasaki emblem on the side ? These seem a little bit trickier.

·
Registered
941 Posts
I didn't even know there was a Kawasaki logo before til I went on a ride and saw two guys there on their Brand New 900's. I'm glad the PO took it off. I would love to get the tank emblem that they have on the 1700, but it says 1700 on it. If it didn't say that, man those are sweeet. They would look really good on the Custom.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Took the front, rear, tank and logo off at one time. The logo just peels off, no fuss, no mess (and on one side only ?). The rear reflectors are not as easy access wise as the front reflectors, but will come off without too much effort. Access to the rear reflectors is greatly inproved my removing the two chrome fender brace covers, then use fishing line, dental floss, etc to cut off the reflectors, heat and Goof Off/ Goo Gone, etc to remove the residue with some rubbing. :)

Andy

[/IMG]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts