Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,432 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
They look very similar to the Scott Britt Drag pipes if so they are decent, I have the Britts on my 900 and I get more compliments from folks at street lights about how good my bike sounds I have mine wrapped in black exhaust tape

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have these pipes. I got them from this same person on ebay. They are fast about shipping and sound awesome. Don't expect them to be perfect. the chrome is less than stellar. I thought when I bought mine over the winter at 179 was great. that is an unbelieveable deal. But for the price and sound buy them up. Hell I might buy a couple sets. LOL

One thing they don't come with a spacer to space the bottom pipe out from the frame or the longer bolt. I had a bolt and made a spacer out of an old nut.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Hmm link don't work , says removed

·
Registered
1,044 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have these pipes. I got them from this same person on ebay. They are fast about shipping and sound awesome. Don't expect them to be perfect. the chrome is less than stellar. I thought when I bought mine over the winter at 179 was great. that is an unbelieveable deal. But for the price and sound buy them up. Hell I might buy a couple sets. LOL

One thing they don't come with a spacer to space the bottom pipe out from the frame or the longer bolt. I had a bolt and made a spacer out of an old nut.
show pic of your bike please...

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
The chrome is the biggest concern. You can't even get pipes chromed for twice that. So I'm sure it's not a high quality chrome finish! Expect blueing, pitting, and corrosion.

If my stock exhaust was smashed up and I had no money for a good set I'd consider them. But I think you'd actually be better off keeping your stock exhaust and taking the baffles out, IMO. Cheaper than those pipes, better looking, and probably sounds the same!

Maybe.. MAYBE if you were going to black them out and paint them with a good quality high temp paint...

I just can't see that chrome finish holding up at all.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The y will start to blue or if the bike is tuned right they will get a little brownish tint to them. Mine have 2200 miles on them and they are a little brown at the exhaust ports. They have a hell of a crack and good sound tho. I like them 110% better than the Vance and Hines Slash cuts I had. They had a very tinny sound compared to these.

Here are a few pics I just snapped.

Attachments

·
Registered
370 Posts
He has marked these down to under 70 shipped. My concern is they say they only fit 07-08 but arent all years the same? Mine is a 09 and I plan on paint/coating them black so no concern on the chrome.

So I guess does anyone know if these will fit the 09 custom as well?

·
Registered
370 Posts
I went ahead and ordered them for 69 bucks shipped and if they dont fit I can return them I will post up when I get them. But it mite be to late by then he only has 5 left

·
Registered
236 Posts
i'd be interested in buying them, but here in quebec, they have so many different rules about motorcycle exhaust, that it makes it hard to buy them

they have to be a certain length, can't be louder than 92db, they can't have a certain look, they need to have baffles,

i'll wait until i'm back in nova scotia

1 - 20 of 123 Posts