Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the gigantic ugly oem horn and put maybe a smaller louder horn on there bike in a different spot If so please post pics...I just think where the oem horn is is so ugly and sticks out like a soar thumb LOL post please

·
Registered
89 Posts
When I put the Lindby bar on mine, I had to relocate the horn. I got one of those cool plastichrome covers for it and hooked it to the right side. Plenty of bolts all over, just pick one.

·
Registered
782 Posts
The Wolo Bad Boy air horn is not smaller.. but it is louder!!!:eek:

This link shows the Chrome Version, which would probably be more your style since you mention how ugly the stock one is. I have one of these mounted on a little metal tab that I attached to one of the engine mounting bolts beside the front shifter peg. It fits perfectly in that spot.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The low note Fiamme is a perfect replacement. With a couple of washers the same bracket can be used. The same connectors are used. No relay is necessary and it is loud (much louder than stock and It sounds like a real horn rather than a roadrunner meep meep). I bought mine from Amazon for $5.68 and $6.90 shipping. It was here in three days. The autoparts stores want at least $15 plus tax.

I noticed that if I went over a pot hole or unlevel railroad crossing the fender hit the horn. So I moved it up under the gas tank on the right side using the bolt that holds the airvalve. With the suppled bracket you can bend it so the horn faces forward. The sound is broadcasted better.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm looking at relocating mine as well, going with an air horn though. If the Cobra pipes don't get other drivers attention the air horn sure will

1 - 9 of 9 Posts