Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I'm thinking about putting a radio on my 900 custom. Just wanted to see what setups/systems you have and what you would/wouldn't recommend.

Have looked at a couple of the shark audio systems, but was unsure if there was a better product to use.

Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
hey i just ordered the pyle PLMCA40 stereo off ebay should be getting it monday ill let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Im looking to run audio, gps, phone through a bluetooth helmet, goping to galaxy s3 is up to being my gps, music, and phone, ordering a case and lighter charger

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
hey i just ordered the pyle PLMCA40 stereo off ebay should be getting it monday ill let you know how it works out.
You see Shelby Miller pitch that GEM yesterday? Sorry, noticed your name!

Would love to see how things turn out with that stereo.

·
Registered
19 Posts
You see Shelby Miller pitch that GEM yesterday? Sorry, noticed your name!

Would love to see how things turn out with that stereo.
lol no i missed it actually caught the highlights though and i am very excited to see how miller develops this year hope its a sign for a good season. i'll be sure to post some pics and a vid on the quality as soon as i get it set up.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
lol no i missed it actually caught the highlights though and i am very excited to see how miller develops this year hope its a sign for a good season. i'll be sure to post some pics and a vid on the quality as soon as i get it set up.
I was at the game last night. He threw over 100 pitches and was just spot on the whole time. Had two obnoxious brewers fans sitting behind me, they were gone by the 6th inning.

Yadi went yard too!

<Okay, back to your regularly scheduled programming>

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just installed a system on my Suzuki Boulevard which would be very similar. I used a Milennia PRV21 with a set of cheap Pyle handlebar speakers and mounted a set of 5 1/4" Lanzar marine speakers in my bags. I don't use my bags for anything. I added a tank pouch and have the USB and MP3 connections in the pouch.

Here is a picture of the stereo mounted with a Kuryakyn P-clamp.

Nice Setup

·
Registered
120 Posts
Helmet bluetooth headset/communicator

If you are looking for helmet bluetooth headset and communicator then I would highly recommend Sena SMH10D-10 ([ame]http://www.amazon.com/Sena-SMH10D-10-Motorcycle-Bluetooth-Intercom/dp/B0087NAZM0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1365986052&sr=8-1&keywords=sena[/ame]). I have been using it for 1 month and it is amazing. You can connect your phone, gps, and 3 other SENA10D-10 headsets. I have installed it on mine and my wife's HJC IS BT MAX helmets. I have cobra pipes installed on my 2009 LT. I use earplugs while riding and the volume level of the speakers are amazing. At the speed of 70 MPH I could send/receive calls, talk to my wife, listen to music very clearly. When I am on call at 70 mph the person on the other side could not tell that I am riding. I love this headset. For the price they deliver a perfect product.

·
Registered
273 Posts
i like my stereo stup. the link to my vid of it is at the bottom.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So i got the stereo today spent about 30 minutes hookin it up and mounting the speakers. i knew going into this not to have high expectations never really heard of the brand, was priced very cheap. but i still figured he what the heck. anyways heres my 2 cents.

pros: cheap, easy to install, loud (can hear it over the pipes easily)
the amp is small enough hides easily. wireless remote. playlist resumes where you left off.

Cons: you can only turn it on from the amp. you can turn it off from the amp and remote. if you have something plugged into the usb port and your pulling your media from the sd card or the aux line there is distortion so if you bought this like myself with the intent to power your gps through the usb and pull your media from the aux or sd slot dont bother lol. the wireless remote is ok it has ok range however the plus and minus are multi function they change both the track and the volume. if you press and hold it will do the volume and if you just tap it will do the song.....however it is touchy and seems to do what it wants lol. little to no bass.

all in all for the price i am happy it plays music that i can hear and i wasnt hit with the insane price of the sound of chrome set up. beats listening to head phones any day

will post a video of the quality sometime this week

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
Auto on/off

Cons: you can only turn it on from the amp. you can turn it off from the amp and remote.
Cardsfan - have you thought about running the power through your ignition rather than the battery? That way the amp shuts off when you shut the bike off.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts