Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I understand, according to a service manual there are different market models. (CA) California, (CN) Canada, (FR) France, (ST) Switzerland, (UK) UK and (US) U.S. models
Some of them (ST and US) should have 1000 rpm in idle and some (all others) 1300 rpm.
So, I have three questions:
1) What is the main reason for that difference?
2) Would it be wrong to run for example (CA) model on 1000 rpm instead of 1300?
3) How to tell what region model do I have? Seems like my previous owner had to mix different model parts.

Thank You!

·
BOTM Winner, October 2016
537 Posts
U. S. models came with taller transfer gear ratios, many of us have swapped these out. Good for drag racing not great for long distance touring. CA models added a bunch of smog regulation equipment, I'm sure there is something similar going on with some of the others. Speedometers will also differ from mph to kph, just guessing that the smog parts will cause the required idle adjustments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

·
537 Posts
Your VIN ought to give you a hint of what market it was meant for. Not sure which numbers designate which models, but it can be Googled.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm sorry to say but I had no luck even with my VIN number. I was googling around and digging last couple of days, but could not find any clear VIN relationship to a specific market or country.

·
537 Posts
Well, if your speedometer reads MPH, you have a US bike, if it has an oxygen sensor on the US bike, it's a CA model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts