Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day folks, long time no chat.
I'm looking at swapping out my Kurakyn Hypercharger for a Baron Customs BAK. I'm tired of sitting around the damn thing, and I'm turning into Shakira: These hips don't lie.......lol. :beat-up:
My question is this:Here in Canuck-land, the best price I've found is on Amazon, but when I pick the one with the cover I like it tells me that it will not fit my version of the V2K (I have the classic Ltd.), IS there a difference between the intake mounting configuration for the VN2000F (which mine apparently is) vs the VN2000A?
What I find weird is the one I want (inferno) only fits the VN2000A but the one that does show fitting my bike by model (plain chrome) fits all of them....VN2000A/D/E/F....etc. It sees odd that one BAK fits all but the others don't.:confused:
It could be an amazon thing, but I don't want to blow $80 ordering the damn thing and have to swap it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
@TrentonC

Any type of air cleaner can fit on any type of bike, all that makes the differences are the backing plate or base bracket. If you're a handy man just buy the air cleaner you want and make up a bracket for yourself to bolt it on, thats how fabricators that fully customised rides do it.
Typically by getting the right air cleaner kit for your type of bike, just basically means that the manufacture gave you all the parts to make the swap/conversion easier, so a person can just bolt off the old one and bolt on the new one without any fuss that arent mechanical/fabricated minded, so its no big deal really.

Cheers,

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I'm just being lazy and impatient. I want to plug n play without any thought or exertion..... Lol

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
857 Posts
To my knowledge, the difference between models is only in accessories (seat, floorboards, backrests, bags, etc), I do not believe the air intake is any different or that the support points are placed differently.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, that's kind of what I thought. My gut tells me the engine itself doesn't change, and neither should the attachments. It just struck me as odd........

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
To my knowledge, the difference between models is only in accessories (seat, floorboards, backrests, bags, etc), I do not believe the air intake is any different or that the support points are placed differently.
The only "functional" difference in the models is the head light..which affects some things like fairings, shields, lowers.

Other than that, the models are all the same. Some come with bags, some dont, etc.

Now, the YEAR of the model may affect a few things, specially for the 04, which was the first year.

(example, the rear brake line is different for the 04. The rear downtube was changed in mid-05.. etc etc)

But stuff like Air filters, all the same.

(note, Cali models do differ )

·
Bike Of The Year Winner, 2012
4,910 Posts
Good day folks, long time no chat.
I'm looking at swapping out my Kurakyn Hypercharger for a Baron Customs BAK. I'm tired of sitting around the damn thing, and I'm turning into Shakira: These hips don't lie.......lol. :beat-up:
My question is this:Here in Canuck-land, the best price I've found is on Amazon, but when I pick the one with the cover I like it tells me that it will not fit my version of the V2K (I have the classic Ltd.), IS there a difference between the intake mounting configuration for the VN2000F (which mine apparently is) vs the VN2000A?
What I find weird is the one I want (inferno) only fits the VN2000A but the one that does show fitting my bike by model (plain chrome) fits all of them....VN2000A/D/E/F....etc. It sees odd that one BAK fits all but the others don't.:confused:
It could be an amazon thing, but I don't want to blow $80 ordering the damn thing and have to swap it.
The kurakyn hypercharge is a piece of crap.

I'm not making that up. It was tested a several (10?) years ago and it actually LIMITED air flow, not increased it (compared to stock intake).

the BAK is one of the better intakes... but $80? You sure about that?

Double check, that may just be for the cover, which came be swapped out.

·
Premium Member
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx Smeddlin, I'm thinking the same thing. Everything I look up tells me they're all show no go. As for the $80.00, that's just the shipping that I'd be out if I have to return one. The price I'm looking at is >400 Canuck-bucks.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
TrentonC
I bought one last year for my '08 V2K Classic LT, ordered it from Dennis Kirk. I started the installation but had a problem with mounting the air sensor in the backplate. The adaptor for the air sensor was not the correct part. I called the Dennis Kirk tech guys, they didn't know. I called Baron, they didn't care (they didn't return my call). So I drilled a hole to fit the stem and milled the backside of the plate to fit the shoulder of the plastic air sensor and finished the installation. Everything else went on easily. I really think some one just threw in the wrong parts, so you'll probably be okay. But, just in case, I can send more photos.

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
I replaced the silly spike air cleaner intake that came with mine with an Arlen Ness Big Sucker kit. They can still be had in the $200 US range. I found mine as an open box clearance on eBay for CHEAP and when it arrived I found out why- there was no cover. No matter- I did a wrinkle finish black paint job on it and it reasonably matches the finish on our motors. Can't seem to find a picture now so i will post one when I get home this evening.

Attachments

·
Registered
990 Posts
I picked up my BAK in Sturgis some years back (Got one for my 900C too lol). Loonies were bigger then but I don't remember paying more than $200 each for them at the JP Cycle booth... Installation was easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts