Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

so, did an oil change past weekend and first ride afterwards the neutral green light would not come on...however, bike did shift into neutral.

but, after parking and placing into neutral...bike won't start until I lift kickstand and engage clutch...it thinks that it might still be in gear...but is really not.

anyways, I put in about 3.2 quarts of oil...could it be that I don't have enough oil in there...cause it's a wet clutch?? I used Shell Rotella 15W-40.

additionally, neutral did flip back to green a couple of times after the oil change but recently has not been.

thanks for any responses.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
hi all,

so, did an oil change past weekend and first ride afterwards the neutral green light would not come on...however, bike did shift into neutral.

but, after parking and placing into neutral...bike won't start until I lift kickstand and engage clutch...it thinks that it might still be in gear...but is really not.

anyways, I put in about 3.2 quarts of oil...could it be that I don't have enough oil in there...cause it's a wet clutch?? I used Shell Rotella 15W-40.

additionally, neutral did flip back to green a couple of times after the oil change but recently has not been.

thanks for any responses.
Did you lift the bike in order to drain the crankcase and remove the filter? Check the wire connection at the neutral switch which is located behind the rear cylinder towards the bottom of the engine. There's a single light green wire going to the switch. If that connection is sound and you don't see any damage to the switch or wiring looms nearby then remove the light green wire from the switch and jumper it to the frame ground. Check your neutral light and if it's lit try starting the bike with the stand down. If the engine starts then replace the switch.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts