·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recent Mods:
1.) Removal of secondary butterflies
2.) Removed the metal screen on the stock intake
3.) Full debaffle of the stock pipes

My Cobra Fi2000r will be arriving tomorrow and I am not sure what setting to start or modify it with...I live at 2600 ft in Boise, ID

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

·
Lifetime Premium Bike Of The Fall Winner 2017
2,849 Posts
I have the Fi2000 on mine and it should set automatically. It does come with instructions on how to adjust it if needed. I did some debaffle on the pipes and put on the Cobra Air intake. I noticed a difference.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Recent Mods:
1.) Removal of secondary butterflies
2.) Removed the metal screen on the stock intake
3.) Full debaffle of the stock pipes

My Cobra Fi2000r will be arriving tomorrow and I am not sure what setting to start or modify it with...I live at 2600 ft in Boise, ID

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
The three pots should already be set for the Vulcan if you bought a new unit. You may experience a slight flat spot when you goose it at a low rpm because the secondary throttle plates are out. Jack up the #1 pot one or two numbers if it does.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The three pots should already be set for the Vulcan if you bought a new unit. You may experience a slight flat spot when you goose it at a low rpm because the secondary throttle plates are out. Jack up the #1 pot one or two numbers if it does.
It sounds like 4-2-0 is the factory setting from cobra so are you suggesting

5-2-0

Or

4-2-1

Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
It sounds like 4-2-0 is the factory setting from cobra so are you suggesting

5-2-0

Or

4-2-1

Thanks
Sorry Alfonso318, the Fi2000r is a little different. You will need to adjust the yellow LED pot only if you feel there's a pause when you crank open the throttle. That would mean the 2 setting may have to go up to 3.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry Alfonso318, the Fi2000r is a little different. You will need to adjust the yellow LED pot only if you feel there's a pause when you crank open the throttle. That would mean the 2 setting may have to go up to 3.
thanks for the clarification

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the bike out today after all the rain stopped...what a difference the butterfly removal, stock intake metal sheet removal and Fi2000r made!

The 4-2-0 setting seemed to be ok however I'm not entirely sure thays the most ideal setting...I called Cobra and the said that if it lagged turn up the setting to 4-3-0...I did that and didn't notice much difference...is there a way to see if its the right setting other than feel? Not 100% sure what to look for...

Thanks for the help...very pleased so far!

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Got the bike out today after all the rain stopped...what a difference the butterfly removal, stock intake metal sheet removal and Fi2000r made!

The 4-2-0 setting seemed to be ok however I'm not entirely sure thays the most ideal setting...I called Cobra and the said that if it lagged turn up the setting to 4-3-0...I did that and didn't notice much difference...is there a way to see if its the right setting other than feel? Not 100% sure what to look for...

Thanks for the help...very pleased so far!
If the lag is during heavy throttle at low to mid RPM then I would jack up the yellow pot (middle) to 4. It won't hurt anything but your mileage. For me it was more like a flat spot which was overcome when the revs were getting up past mid range.
Seat-of-the-pants dyno is OK but can't beat the real thing. When you're sure you've gone as far with the mods as you want to go for a while, have a professional dyno tuner see what he can do

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the lag is during heavy throttle at low to mid RPM then I would jack up the yellow pot (middle) to 4. It won't hurt anything but your mileage. For me it was more like a flat spot which was overcome when the revs were getting up past mid range.
Seat-of-the-pants dyno is OK but can't beat the real thing. When you're sure you've gone as far with the mods as you want to go for a while, have a professional dyno tuner see what he can do
Im not 100% sure if this is right but i didnt really notice a difference between 4-2-0 and 4-3-0 other than my gas guage dropped like crazy! Perhaps that's cause i was on the throttle the entire time but it seemed a bit excessive...

Should i drop it back down to 4-2-0 then?

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
Im not 100% sure if this is right but i didnt really notice a difference between 4-2-0 and 4-3-0 other than my gas guage dropped like crazy! Perhaps that's cause i was on the throttle the entire time but it seemed a bit excessive...

Should i drop it back down to 4-2-0 then?
I would since you didn't notice much of a change and it doesn't sound like a stumble or distinct lag. Get used to the new setup and ride at 4-2-0 for a while then you can play with it later.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts