Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just gave my 900 a bath and didn't feel like messing around with a chamois, soooo, out came the sears shop vac. Doubles as a blower.

One cigarette and one beer later, the bike is bone dry, no water spots and no water sitting anywhere that might drip and spot later.

Happy riding!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I just gave my 900 a bath and didn't feel like messing around with a chamois, soooo, out came the sears shop vac. Doubles as a blower.

One cigarette and one beer later, the bike is bone dry, no water spots and no water sitting anywhere that might drip and spot later.

Happy riding!
Lazy bastard :p you could have used the chamois and could have had five beers !! LOL

Seriously - the blower is a good idea isn't it !!?!!

Cheers

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lazy bastard :p you could have used the chamois and could have had five beers !! LOL

Seriously - the blower is a good idea isn't it !!?!!

Cheers
Yes, it actually works very, very well. That and some compressed air for nooks and crannies.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't forget the GAS leaf blower. It compresses enough to heat the air (slightly) - like a blow dryer. Ride now, drink beer later!

·
Registered
297 Posts
If you use a gas blower do some checking on the exhaust. Some gas blpwers exhaust down the blower tube and leave a nasty 2 cycle oil film on everything, Father in law found this out the hard way with his Sears blower. took i him anoyher day to get the oil film off of his Vette LOL

·
Premium Member
1,219 Posts
If you use a gas blower do some checking on the exhaust. Some gas blpwers exhaust down the blower tube and leave a nasty 2 cycle oil film on everything, Father in law found this out the hard way with his Sears blower. took i him anoyher day to get the oil film off of his Vette LOL
As sad as this is, and as much work as this turned out to be,,, thats funny as hell.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ah nuts, I actually blew off my driveway before I washed my bike, then hand dried it off... should've just grabbed that blower again.

next time gadget.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use a gas powered leaf blower.. 200mph does the trick quite nicely

·
Registered
11 Posts
I like using my air compressor and blow gun with long tip. Wrapped some duct tape on the end to keep from scratching the paint and your good to go!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts