Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm curious what people think and where this topic will go.

1 killed, 7 hurt in shootings, stabbing at Denver motorcycle show - CNN.com

After Waco there was a ton of discussion about MCs, the media, and biker/motorcyclist image in general.

So, different clubs from the ones involved in Waco. But, do you think this is signalling trend in increased MC violence?

The Iron Order MC. Does active law enforcement have a place in three piece patch culture?

SOA created a bunch of image posers; but did it puff up the egos of real [email protected] too?

Are you worried about how this will affect public opinion of bikers?

Scott

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'm not worried about the popular image regarding bikers here. I might be somewhat more concerned about the effects of Denver incident if I lived in the Denver area or in other places where some gangs cause trouble. The biker "gangs" we have here are clubs which generally engage in charity work and ride sanely. Some clubs have specifically altruistic purposes such as the Christian-based Black Sheep minister to and ride with bikers in the Harley Owners' Clubs which some on the outside might stereotypically regard as potential trouble makers, but the HOG clubs here generally also just like to ride. Of course there are a few non-bikers who prejudicially have it in for bikers whether they are or aren't biker club members and who would use the Denver battle to reinforce their prejudices.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts