Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide between the soundbomb mini and the air horn version. The pictures they show of the air horn look fine on the website, but when I see the reviews on YouTube it looks really chunky in the hands. Anyone mount one if these on a KVS? If so, does it blend in or stick out like a brick?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have the mini. It only kind of sticks out when you actually work your eyes down to the ground when eyeballing the bike. I don't care because it does it's job better than the stock horn. Definitely an attention getter. I'd post a pic but it's night time right now and it's in my backyard with a cover on it at the moment.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
De Bomb ( compact dual tone)

Love it, love it . love it... I placed it in 3 locations before I found one that my short legs liked that also looked good. Use a 1 1/4" 3 piece clamp.I tightened the nut on the back from the far side of the scooter using a long extension . Yes it is a little more work to install but the look of surprise When that cell phone guy looks up and sees a scooter instead of a transfer truck is worth it. After the first relay corroded I placed the relay up under the tank insteads of under the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have the full size sound bomb on my FZ 09. As far as sticking out, I had someone ask me if it was a turbocharger lol. I’ll post a picture in a minute

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoman_35 View Post
I went with Rivco (Amazon)...

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]
How does it sound?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I looked at the horn on amazon and kept wondering how it would mount on the S. :surprise: Then I went back to original post :grin2:

·
Registered
21 Posts
very loud... 128dB
Yeah, I saw the Amazon listing, and saw the DB rating, but I've seen others that have claimed similar, but sounded meh.

So, I was wondering more along what it actually sounded like, not the loudness of it. I'm a truck driver, so I deal with airhorns and I know these are compact, so not likely to produce the same sound...but a 'meep' is a 'meep', no matter how many decibels it's at.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts