Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
WindVest on 900C

After weeks of hemming and hawing coupled with over-analysis-paralysis; I pulled the trigger on a Windvest today for my 900C.

Many forum members have put up with a seemingly-endless string of questions - most especially Richard Kerr .... thanks to one and all.

I'll post a mini-review once I get it mounted and log some miles.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
Sometimes you just gotta do it. Very worst case: you hate it and can't return it. You're out a few bucks. That sucks, but it's not the end of the world.

I've regretted far more things that I haven't done than things I have done.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One reason I bought directly from the manufacturer is their 100% satisfaction guarantee. To quote them " .. we want you to be happy with the product and our customer service..." This includes swapping out for another size or a full refund if desired.

Doug Dober; one of their reps - spent quite a bit of time on phone and email helping me make the buying decison - customer service even before the sale. Kudos to him - I tend to over-analyze everything; especially when buying sight-unseen.

I also talked with several forum members who have the Windvest. To a man, they all gave very positive reviews.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Congrats. I dig my riding experience on longer rides much more with my shield. I feel less beat up by the wind. I found a guy on craigslist who had his LT repo'd and was selling the accessories. I got the Kawi shield in excellent condition and crash guard for $200.00. Twice I've seen LT accessories being sold on craigslist more than once.

·
Registered
15 Posts
After weeks of hemming and hawing coupled with over-analysis-paralysis; I pulled the trigger on a Windvest today for my 900C.

Many forum members have put up with a seemingly-endless string of questions - most especially Richard Kerr .... thanks to one and all.

I'll post a mini-review once I get it mounted and log some miles.
Why Windvest and who installed it and how much? Thanks

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Pics please:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WindVest on 900C

To quote an H-D dealer I talked to - "It's the windshield for folks who don't really want a windshield."

Easy to install - less than 10 min...after that it's removable/re-mountable in about 1 min.
IMHO; it compliments the looks of the bike. Perfect for the Custom.
After a bit of tweaking the rake; works well.
A bit spendy; but a great product - plus WindVest has the best customer service I've ever received; bar none.

·
Registered
50 Posts

I kinda like the look of the Windvest, but was a bit surprised at the price when I looked 'em up. They seem kinda pricey compared to what you get for the money.

Can anyone comment on what makes them worth so much relative to, say, a full Memphis Shades? I don't mind paying for quality, but I can't tell from the web what the quality difference might be.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
"tomato, tomahtoe, potato, potahtoe" ... it gets the job done and looks pretty good IMNSHO :cool:
I agree, it looks quite nice. I like the minimalist approach for the custom.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i ran with the cafe windshield for a few months, though it looked good on the bike i needed it to come up to nose level so i took the brackets to a welder who lowered the mounting points and was able to raise the windshield up and i ended up with this big huge gap between the headlamp and windshield/deflector. because of the headlight cut out it looked a little odd so i ended up ordering a 17" memphis slims that got the job done.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts