Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK here goes.
I currently own a 2008 Suzuki Boulevard C50T. I bought it new two years ago and have put about 25,000 miles on it. I live in northern Texas and am an active member of BACA. My wife is tired of not being comfortable, I am to for that matter. We are looking at new bikes. Have narrowed it down to either a new 2010 Voyager or 2011 Victory Cross Roads. Each have their distinct advantage. Have been saving up money so the price difference is not a problem. My question is: Which bike would you get and why. One of the deciding factors for us is comfort. I am 50 and like my creature comforts. We will hop on the bike and travel 500 miles or so on a Saturday so you can see why comfort is important. I also like to do my own maintenance which I can do on either of these bikes. Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions are welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Snoop
BACA Texas
Sherman Chapter
Treasurer

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
I for one would not dream of living in Texas without a water cooled motor.

And I never cared for the lookm of the Victory motors, not that that matters to you!
:D

·
Registered
991 Posts
Choices

I agree with PatC about the water cooled engines, even though northern Texas is hardly a sweatbox....I live in northwestern Canada and our local "Christmas Toy Run" has to be cut short every year because the air-cooled bikes overheat and stall during the parade. Having said that now, the Voyager makes a bunch of heat too if ridden slow. Won't hurt the bike any, but the driver cooks a bit.

You and I are about the same age, so I know how important it is to have the comfort afforded by a big bike. In addition, there is a lot less noise from the passenger seat if the ride is fine....:cool: . I run a 2004 V2K with bags, shield, Mustang Road Sofa, etc and would not trade it for the Cross Roads. I like the look they are going for, but the bike isn't anywhere near the tourer that the Voyager is.

My two cents.....and welcome to the forum!:D

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Went ahead and puplled the trigger and purchased the 2010 Voyager. My wife fell in love with it during the test ride. She asked me if I was going the speed limit on I-35. She felt like we were only doing 30 or so. Needless to say if she is happy then I won't be hearing any backseat complaining. Put about 100 miles on it so far and am pleased.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Congrats Snoop ! Couple of things, i dont know if you read about it or not but be sure you all some locktite to your antenna they are famous for falling off i also put locktite on most of the screws in my dash... Ride safe, Bulldozer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts