Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently got my 2012 Voyager and so far the only addition has been the rear speaker pods which I really like. Now, I am trying to decide which direction I go with integration to the bikes electronics.

I currently use a Sena SMH10 and like it but I'm on the fence with adding CB to the bike. I have an iPhone 5 and a Galaxy Note II and should I get a cable adapter to use one of my phones? Or, do I do nothing and continue to use the Sena in my helmet and bluetooth from phone to Sena and leave the onboard radio as just a radio?

Craig

·
Registered
894 Posts
I run my iPhone through the stock set up . . .Unless I'm riding two up, I don't use the helmet headsets associated with the CB/Comm system . . . I love being able to control what plays without taking my hands off the bars . . .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I run my iPhone through the stock set up . . .Unless I'm riding two up, I don't use the helmet headsets associated with the CB/Comm system . . . I love being able to control what plays without taking my hands off the bars . . .
Napom, iPhone 5? if so do you use the 30 pin to fire adapter? Does it retain all functionality?

Craig

·
Registered
49 Posts
I bought a cheap Gen 4 Ipod nano. Got it for 30 bucks online. I just leave it in the bike. If it is lost or broken, I am not out much dough. It uses the 30 pin from Kawasaki.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I have CB, intercom, GPS, iPod Nano all connected into the audio system. I travel where streaming is not an option and many times there is no cell signal.

I use a SENA SMH10 with all my other bikes. Sync to the GPS and Cell Phone.

If I were to start from scratch I probably would just go the SENA route and skip the CB since I have only used it twice. I would play the tunes through my GPS which would hopefully pump the music to the audio and Bluetooth, but I have never checked out if it could do that.

Honda's CTX 1300 only comes with a speaker system and you supply the music source via Bluetooth or thumbdrive.

·
Registered
662 Posts
There are loads of Bluetooth receivers on the market these days, which will connect to the Kaw head unit via the Aux input. I have a couple of cheap $5 ones coming off Ebay at the moment, one for the old iPod dock on the home stereo, and another for the 3.5mm Aux input plug on the bike.

I won't be able to select tracks or albums using the handlebar controls, but with a playlist underway or simply set to random play - volume should be enough.

·
Premium Member
343 Posts
I bought a cheap Gen 4 Ipod nano. Got it for 30 bucks online. I just leave it in the bike. If it is lost or broken, I am not out much dough. It uses the 30 pin from Kawasaki.
I'm totally new to Voyagers, but l like the set-up Phil mentions. I don't like Sirius and staying connected to data is difficult once you hit back roads. The budget iPod really worked good in test rides yesterday.

My iPhone is connected to a helmet Sena and has the same music library, so I have listening options. The phone will be mounted on the left side of the handlebar next to a charger.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts