Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
May be getting back into motorcycling after about a 27 year hiatus. Took the MSF Beginners Course and passed it with a little wiggle room. Been lurking here for awhile as the VN900 is at, or near, the top of my cruiser list. Saw a 2008 Custom today, a black one with a few chrome trinkets added onto it, and ONLY a bit over 800 miles. Price was at $5500.00 plus the usual tax and license and some (probably $100-200) for a "used bike roadworthiness inspection/service", or whatever they call it. This is at a major dealer, and looks to be within the KBB range of prices.

Just wondering if you long time VN900 owners/riders would consider this a fair price, as I have little/no exerience in these matters yet. Anything to look out/be cautious for.

Thank you for your time and opinions in this matter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Looks like a good price to me -- I paid 6,000 for one in immaculate condition, but
with just over 1,100 miles -- however, mine did include an extended warranty.

For what it's worth, you were smart to take the MSF class first -- safety first, last
and always . . . especially for us getting back into motorcycling after years away.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Sounds like a grand price to me, if the 1st service record doesn't show any baubles... I paid about 1k more for mine, but brand new and including all doc fees.

·
Registered
64 Posts
If the bike is in good/great shape and runs well, $5500 is a steal. but if it is with a dealer, ALWAYS HAGGLE. You are out nothing if they don't budge, but i made a couple sweet haggles in my lifetime that made the effort very rewarding.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts