Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a piece of junk hand pump at Harbor Freight, to adjust the air pressure in my rear shocks. Problem is, of course all the air I pumped into it releases once I remove the hose fitting from the stem. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I bought a piece of junk hand pump at Harbor Freight, to adjust the air pressure in my rear shocks. Problem is, of course all the air I pumped into it releases once I remove the hose fitting from the stem. Any recommendations?
Mine take very minor pressure. I use a portable hand bike pump, works great.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Mine take very minor pressure. I use a portable hand bike pump, works great.

How do check and verify pressure on both shocks with a bike pump? Shock pumps are typically zero loss and accurate.
Zero loss means you pump to desired pressure and when you remove the fitting from stem you get zero air loss or very minor loss.
They are very easy to use...

Guessing at shock pressures with a bicycle pump sounds a bit foolish. Spend $25 for the right tool.

My opinion of course...

gb

·
Registered
324 Posts
Got the dealer to give me the digital zero loss Kawasaki pump when I bought my Voyager last year. It works great.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I bought a generic motorcycle air shock pump off ebay 3 years ago. About 25 bucks. Works great. Never had a problem with it. If you buy one, be aware there are two meters out there. One at 60 psi and another for 300 psi. You will definitely want the one at 60 psi . the other is too hard to gauge the right setting. I have tried both.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
504 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
The Alpha Moto model is the the one I have and it works great on my shocks. I have had it 3 years now and no problems with it at all. Can't help on the Kawasaki branded one.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I just bought the Alpha Moto and my pressure release button is inop my other one works.
I doubt Kaw is making pumps so it's likly one of the suppliersout there tat sell em cheap..

gb

·
Registered
232 Posts
Maybe I'm missing something, but my '12 Nomad shocks only take 6 or 8 lbs air. Pre-load I think. Other models have actual air shocks?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts