Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please post your bikes here to be entered in this month's Bike of the Month contest!

To enter your Vulcan, all you need to do is tell us a little about it, and post some photo(s). And don't forget the story behind the bike because that can often turn the trick!

The winner for each round will be chosen by our members' votes! A new voting thread will be created near the end of the month.

Year:
Model:
Eng size:
Pipes:
Seat:
Wheels:
Accessories:
And the story:

As long as you haven't won in the past year you can enter again.

Please post your entries in the active month's thread. That thread will be closed at the end of the month. We'll start a poll with that month's entries and the winner will be named and have their bike featured on the home page.

You must have accumulated 15 posts in order to enter a bike, or to discuss the bikes, or to vote. You will be able to view the bikes, but not discuss them, vote on them, or enter your own until you have accumulated 15 posts. This is the same number of posts that has been required in the past to vote for BOTM.

Please note; You may be disqualified if you 'rally votes' from other members. This can include sending private messages asking for votes, posting new threads asking for forum members to vote for you, etc.

Please be respectful when discussing other members bikes. You may also be disqualified for unsportsman-like comments about other bikes, which can include insults, demeaning comments, or demanding in open forums or PM's that others not vote for them or that they be disqualified. If you have a legitimate concern that someone is not competing fairly and should not be considered for voting, PM a moderator

·
Registered
47 Posts
1994 Vulcan 1500 with Sidecar

Hi Guy's, just thought I would post some pictures of my vulcan bike. I purchased a 1970's sidecar that I have re-worked to suit. The bike it's self has been a long time in the making with many issues but running fantastic now and the side car has added a whole new dimension. Kids love getting out in it. Bike is standard except for white wall tyres, paint (matt black) the white stickers I made myself, speakers for handle bars and hard cases from a Suzuki GS1100GK

All work including paint has been done by myself, I have learned a lot about sidecars in the process and would be happy to help if anyone else is going down this line.

Thanks for looking

·
BOTM Winner, April 2015
766 Posts
Nice rig Alan but why is the chair installed on the wrong side? :p

The Vulcan 88 being a torque monster probably doesn't realize it's draging a chair.
Tell us more about it, is a subframe being used? How about the suspension?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi Guy's,

Thanks for the comments, yes Philip I have a top box with seat back and armrests will post a pic when I get a chance only put on when needed. Yes chair is on wrong side for America but we drive on the other side of the road here in Australia.

Cheers Al.

·
Registered
7,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sidecar rigs are cool! I'd love to ride one just to see what it's like. Does it compare to a trike?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Never ridden a trike but would think a trike would be easier to ride. A sidecar is like driving an out of shape triangle that steers very differently from one side to the other, when you accelerate it pulls one way and when you brake it pulls the opposite direction. When you turn left (right in America) the rig feels like it will tip lifting the car wheel and takes some getting used to all in all a very different animal but at the same time a lot of fun.

·
BOTM Winner, April 2015
766 Posts
I will like to join in the context but currently in the process of mounting a Velorex sidecar to the Vulcan 800. Fabricating a couple of bike-side mounts at the moment.

When is the due date?

If it comes to it I'll enter the bike only. :)

·
Registered
79 Posts
'08 v2k

Year: 2008
Model: VN2000
Eng size: 2053cc
Pipes: V&H Powershots (not pictured)
Seat: Stock
Wheels: Stock
Accessories: Hard Bags, Custom Flag Mount, LED accent lights, Barons BAK, PCIII
And the story: I bought my very first bike while in the Army at Fort Leonard Wood, MO back in 2009. It was a 2007 Honda Shadow 750 with about 3500 miles on it. After just under a year, I had to sell the bike in order to get a vehicle I could carry around all of my Army crap in. 3 years later, after separating from the Army, the bike fever hits and I'm searching online for a bike. I went to Barnett Harley Davidson here in El Paso to look at a VTX1800 they had listed on their website. Of course, while walking around my eye catches other bikes. Before my eyes could catch this beautiful beast, it catches the eyes of my wife. That's right, my wife first noticed the bike and fell in love. She didn't even want me sitting on another bike, and when I saw it, I couldn't agree more. When they go to start it, dead. Once it's jumped off, I test drove it and that was it...I had to have it. After a few days of them putting a new battery, tires, and full service, I was driving away with it. I take the most pride going on runs with the Patriot Guard and honoring my fellow brothers and sisters in arms.

·
BOTM Winner, December 2014
52 Posts
Year: 2002
Model: Vulcan Classic
Eng size: 800
Pipes: Vance Hines
Seat: Mustang

Accessories: 1939 Lincoln replica led tail light, 24 led bright turn signals, Side mount plate. Kuryakyn Iso peg & grips, Solo bag, chrome. And will continue to keep adding chrome. Can you have too much chrome?

And The Story:
I'm just looking for a little pink scooter, to tootle around town. Is what I told my customer. And she says " I have a motor cycle for sale" my husband heard her. Next thing I know we have a bike, and are signed up for safety class. A season latter, hubby buys a bigger bike for himself. At this time he just started doing airbrush on tins. So was perfect timing for new paint. My bike is his 2nd paint job. It is two tone, white and white sparkle on white. Separated by the baroque design. I'm in love with my bike. I have purchased pink lights ( yes pink!) to shine on the engine chrome. Hope to get them on this winter, for next riding season. (hint hint husband) The picture of the red bike is when I first gotten her. Lots of changes. Enjoy!
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG
[/URL][/IMG]

·
BOTM Winner, April 2015
766 Posts
Year: 1998
Model: Vulcan 800
Pipes: Silvertails 2 into 1
Wheels: Marauder 800 Mags
Front End: Suzuki Inverted Forks
Accessories: Modified KZ1000 sissybar, Tach, Sportster handlebar, risers, turnsignals.

And the story:
A few years back a good friend had a Suzuki Marauder 800. I always liked the inverted forks/mag wheels combo of his Suzook and thought to myself "Man, that front end sure would give the vn800 a mean muscle look" !!

That was 10 years ago and the thought never left my mind... This year I ran across SunnyBob and low and behold he has Marauder 800 mag wheels on his bike minus the forks. Got in touch with him and he wrote a thread on adapting the rear wheel on the vn800. That was awesome!!
The triple trees weren't a direct swap either but with a little machine work it was made possible.

Let the good times roll !!

·
VRAC Nation President, BOTM Winner Sept. 2013 & No
122 Posts
Absolutly stunning bike, Beautiful!

Year: 2002
Model: Vulcan Classic
Eng size: 800
Pipes: Vance Hines

Accessories: 1939 Lincoln replica led tail light, 24 led bright turn signals, Side mount plate. Kuryakyn Iso peg & grips, Solo bag, chrome. And will continue to keep adding chrome. Can you have too much chrome?

And The Story:
I'm just looking for a little pink scooter, to tootle around town. Is what I told my customer. And she says " I have a motor cycle for sale" my husband heard her. Next thing I know we have a bike, and are signed up for safety class. A season latter, hubby buys a bigger bike for himself. At this time he just started doing airbrush on tins. So was perfect timing for new paint. My bike is his 2nd paint job. It is two tone, white and white sparkle on white. Separated by the baroque design. I'm in love with my bike. I have purchased pink lights ( yes pink!) to shine on the engine chrome. Hope to get them on this winter, for next riding season. (hint hint husband) The picture of the red bike is when I first gotten her. Lots of changes. Enjoy!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.