Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, need help. Stock Bike. Dealer no help so I bought the PCV fuel manager no ignition, loaded stock Vaquero map from dynojet, installed TB gasket, marbled the reed valve hose and re-tightened the head pipe bolts. Still Decel popping when letting off the throttle. Also added +4 to the 0 throttle column on the PCV map. Any other suggestions? Should I maybe increase or decrease this value? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Maybe better to use dynojet General map vs Vaquero map? Plan on keeping it stock as my VTX 1800 makes enough noise. Thanks to all in advance!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Get your ECU flashed by Ivan. You won't regret it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks! Good to know for the future. Just funds are low after paying for the bike, PCV, cost of dealer break in service and new helmet.
Hoping for other options for now. It's a shame you have to spend a fortune just to get a brand new bike to run right!

·
Premium Member
1,186 Posts
You'll never cure the decel pop, unless you get the Ivan's tune (or so I've heard). Honestly, live with it until you can get the tune. The tune is on my winter mods list. Stock pipes should keep it at a reasonable level.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Ivan's flash is the only confirmed complete cure for the decel pop, and also cures many other rideability issues at the same time - so it's a shame you didn't get that advice before buying the PCV. But many of the rest of us have had our 1700's since before Ivan brought us his solution, and have tried various things to fix it. I had my EJK tuner running very well, and users of the PCV had best results using maps provided by member "davidsheek". Send him a PM... I'm sure he'd help you set it up.

It's odd that you're having pop with an otherwise stock bike though. Stock pipes usually mask the pop very effectively, and most reports of popping are with aftermarket pipes. There have been reports of intake air leaks on the engine side of the throttle body, rather than the airbox side, which may create symptoms similar to yours?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts