Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new helmet came in. Shoei flagger in red. I love it! It's got me thinking about doing a few little red accents on my bike. I think I'm going to try a red pinstripe around my wheels and a few other little odds and ends like maybe some red bar end weights.

I think that that big bright green S on the tank decal won't look so hot though. Has anyone pulled the decals from their gas tanks yet? Do they seem to come off without damaging the paint?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
904 Posts
So my new helmet came in. Shoei flagger in red. I love it! It's got me thinking about doing a few little red accents on my bike. I think I'm going to try a red pinstripe around my wheels and a few other little odds and ends like maybe some red bar end weights.

I think that that big bright green S on the tank decal won't look so hot though. Has anyone pulled the decals from their gas tanks yet? Do they seem to come off without damaging the paint?

The tank decals are under the clear coat. So unless you want to sand and repaint/clear, there’s no other way around it. Some people have done a tank repaint here.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I took off the badges from my previous bike...2004 Yamaha V Star 1100. Applied WD-40, heated with hair dryer and carefully used fishing line to to get underneith and remove. Cleaned up with Goop. The clearcoat was not an issue with the badges but I can see that would be problematic with decals.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The tank decals are under the clear coat. So unless you want to sand and repaint/clear, there’s no other way around it. Some people have done a tank repaint here.
Well that sucks......maybe I'll look into a full tank wrap.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I’ve seen a wrap done on a KVS tank and the decal outline still shows because it is raised with the clear coat on top. You can feel it with your fingers.

·
Registered
83 Posts
The decals on the tank (stickers) are just glued on. WD 40 and a little heat anda soft rag will get them off. They are not under the clear coat, like on your helmet.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The decals on the tank (stickers) are just glued on. WD 40 and a little heat anda soft rag will get them off. They are not under the clear coat, like on your helmet.
Wellllllll that is some conflicting info.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I went and took a very close look at my tank decals......they are definitely under the clear coat. I wonder if the color of the bike has anything to do with it. I have a 2015 in matte black.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Without being a smartass,
Have you seen the decal on a Vulcan S?

I own a purple one and my money rides on it being under the clear coat.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Ahh yes, forgot about the cafe and the new colour schemed graphics. Any of the newer Cafe’s with the new style stripe/ colour scheme tank may have them on top, along with the rest of the graphics.
It’s just all a big sticker.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts