Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 900 vulcan classic...I want to know if its safe to debaffle the pipes or could that mess the bike up!

Thanks
recon

·
Registered
16 Posts
I saw one comment about inspections. Does debaffling or altering the stock exhaust at all cause problems for state inspections? I'm interested in trying it in stages myself but I sure don't want to get a surprise come inspection time. Maybe the answer depends on the state. I'm in Texas.

·
BOTM Winner, January 2014
275 Posts
I saw one comment about inspections. Does debaffling or altering the stock exhaust at all cause problems for state inspections? I'm interested in trying it in stages myself but I sure don't want to get a surprise come inspection time. Maybe the answer depends on the state. I'm in Texas.
Depends on who does your inspection from what I've heard and read. I've seen posts from guys that say they don't look and I've seen posts from guys who say they do. The debaffle mod does add some sound, but nothing that should draw a lot of attention to your pipes. There's no emission check, so I'd say you should be OK for the most part.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Back in 2007 I debaffle mine and had the bike inspected a few months later and passed. I'm from TX too. And when I upgraded to Vance & Hines and it was time for the inspection again the inspector said " take them baffles out and let it come to life" so I did but then it was too loud so I did a little moddification and now is perfect. All three of my bike inpections have been done at the kawa dealer so I guess here in TX is ok.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have a 07 900 classic I live in SC would you need to add a fuel processor?
You don't have to have a fuel processor if you debaffle only. If you open up the airbox then yes its recomended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts