Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of de baffling my stock exhaust on my 900 and have seen that it would be easy enough to do. I am curious as to what most reactions/results were after doing so. Is it pretty comparable to the aftermarket pipes? Is there need for additional equipment to regulate air and fuel flow when de baffled with stock pipes? What about with most of the aftermarket pipes?

·
Registered
79 Posts
If you only do pipes, then no fuel management is needed. I de-baffled mine to stage 3 and was very happy with it. The ONLY reason I changed to Cobra Speedster Shorts was the deal I got the pipes...($175 shipped!)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Do the full debaffle

I love the sound of my 900 classic fully debaffled! Was a major pita to get it done, I'm talking throwing tools and cursing pita, but I saved the $400-$600 I would have spent on pipes which made it worthwhile.

Sure they pale in comparison to my buddies ridiculously loud screaming eagle piped H-D wide glide... But they cost him prob 1k!!

Oh and I have had zero issues related to the debaffle. 1,000 miles on them so far.

·
Registered
292 Posts
My bike was completely debaffled, as in there is nothing at the end of the pipe but a large hole, by the first owner. I love the sound of it like it is, not too loud but loud enough for me. When I get on the throttle hard, the sound really hardens up, but at moderate throttle, it just sounds sweet.

My son and I switched bikes last night for a ride (he has an 82 KZ550 LTD), and when he was behind and to the right, I could barely hear him only when he dissappeared from the right mirror (meaning he was close). Behind him, I could hear a little burble at speed. What I heard the most was the chain on his bike; sure do love belt drive.

Oh, as to which bike I liked better; I sure wasn't riding the 550 on the return leg home. It's good to be the king.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts