Kawasaki Vulcan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question. I am currently running debaffled stock exhaust on my 900C SE. I am happy with the looks and the sound of the set up. I would not want it any louder. My question is on flow. how much difference in air flow would a baffled aftermarket be vs the debaffled stock?

My thought is I might ultimately throw on an aftermarket air filter and fuel manager and I am wondering my mush I would be missing over a set of say Cobra dragsters by retaining debaffled stock pipes. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Aftermarket are bigger pipes & they don't have the catalytic so they flow more air.

·
Premium Member
1,130 Posts
I have a question. I am currently running debaffled stock exhaust on my 900C SE. I am happy with the looks and the sound of the set up. I would not want it any louder. My question is on flow. how much difference in air flow would a baffled aftermarket be vs the debaffled stock?

My thought is I might ultimately throw on an aftermarket air filter and fuel manager and I am wondering my mush I would be missing over a set of say Cobra dragsters by retaining debaffled stock pipes. Any thoughts?
Presumably companies like Cobra, V&H, etc. design their pipes for performance as well as good looks. I would think Kawasaki has designed their pipes to meet government emission requirements, not performance. Removing baffles and/or the catalytic converters is no guarantee there will be an increase in performance.

·
Registered
711 Posts
OEM inner exhaust pipe is small vs a aftermarket one. Huge difference in air flow even with the stock air box on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts